Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the biggest risk you've ever taken?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're right. Perhaps it's time for me to come clean with my story:.

That's a bit peculiar. Is it true? I suspect not. :shrug:

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
You're right. Perhaps it's time for me to come clean with my story:

I'm an only child, I don't remember much about my dad and although we didn't have a lot of money my mum brought me up as best she could in the projects of West Philly, Pennsylvania. Basketball has always been my passion and I used to play all the time in the courts near where I lived. Occasionally I'd come home with a few cuts and bruises and Mum would worry but generally I could look after myself until one day when I was just shooting hoops with my mates, a couple of real bad news blokes who had a big reputation around the area came onto the court and started to push us around, demanding money, trying to steal the ball. One of them grabbed hold of my mate, threatening him with a knife and I could tell he was scared for his life.

So this was the riskiest thing I did: I fought back. I got lucky with a couple of punches and saw these blokes off. I didn't tell my mum about the fight but she found out anyway and then we heard on the grapevine that these blokes were looking to kill me.

Mum was frantic and so she made a few phone calls to her sister in Los Angeles and before I knew it my bags were packed, a plane ticket in my hand and that was it - I was moving out there away from all my friends and family to a place I didn't know with people I'd never met. It changed my life for sure and now I'm quite the success with a lovely wife and an odd cross-dressing son who can't act for toffee but I do look back and wonder what would have happened if I hadn't taken that risk to defend my friend.

0054bb92-c72f-4a4e-a202-4c3260758d13.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You're right. Perhaps it's time for me to come clean with my story:

I'm an only child, I don't remember much about my dad and although we didn't have a lot of money my mum brought me up as best she could in the projects of West Philly, Pennsylvania. Basketball has always been my passion and I used to play all the time in the courts near where I lived. Occasionally I'd come home with a few cuts and bruises and Mum would worry but generally I could look after myself until one day when I was just shooting hoops with my mates, a couple of real bad news blokes who had a big reputation around the area came onto the court and started to push us around, demanding money, trying to steal the ball. One of them grabbed hold of my mate, threatening him with a knife and I could tell he was scared for his life.

So this was the riskiest thing I did: I fought back. I got lucky with a couple of punches and saw these blokes off. I didn't tell my mum about the fight but she found out anyway and then we heard on the grapevine that these blokes were looking to kill me.

Mum was frantic and so she made a few phone calls to her sister in Los Angeles and before I knew it my bags were packed, a plane ticket in my hand and that was it - I was moving out there away from all my friends and family to a place I didn't know with people I'd never met. It changed my life for sure and now I'm quite the success with a lovely wife and an odd cross-dressing son who can't act for toffee but I do look back and wonder what would have happened if I hadn't taken that risk to defend my friend.

Your mum

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I've met you at Hackets 40th party in Partridge Green, the man who farts in the back of LAPD cars. Not many People called Smeg! Lot of skinheads in Huntington Beach back in the 90's. I guess Nick may have been with you. Did Mt Whitney with him a couple of years ago. cheers.

Yeah I was with Nick, we are going to Alaska actually in 2017, can't wait .

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Oh dear, that must have been:shit: at the time. Did he ever ride a bike again???

Yep. Shortly after he was able to ride again, he bought a Norton 750 Commando! We were both nuts during this period of our lives.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Proposing to my now wife when I had only known her 3 months and marrying her 3 months later.
Phew, we have now been married over 28 years.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Took a 1,000 lot position in 90-Day Bank Bill Futures (Short Term Interest Rate Contracts) back in the early nineties.
The leverage gave me a ½ Billion Dollar exposure - fortunately I got the market right.

Going home short combined $100mill short usd bonds japanese corp names over Asian Crisis. was quickly told to cover it even though made money . got severe bollo for breaching limits .

wasnt at bank to much longer after that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here