Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Don't be a gate keeper man. I kinda like this thread because it's doesn't have the usual tiresome my music is better than yours and it doesn't have certain posters spamming it with their choices.

But my Music IS better than Yours or I wouldn't post it...

And I'm probably going to Spam it with loads of Brian Eno shortly. :lolol:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Well as this is turning into a big Slade love in, here's my favourite song by them, the one they opened with at Reading in 1980, which re-launched their career.
Happy birthday Noddy you legend.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't be a gate keeper man. I kinda like this thread because it's doesn't have the usual tiresome my music is better than yours and it doesn't have certain posters spamming it with their choices.

I learned my lesson :thumbsup:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Following the Hungary Portugal game during the commercial break they showed an ad which featured this song which was unknown to me.

A bit of googling led me to discover that it was recorded in 1969 by little known French artist called Bruno Leys and is called "Dans la Galaxie"

It was recorded using an early electronic instrument invented in 1928 called an Ondes Martenot which is similar to a Theremin and produces electronic soundwaves

Here's the full song...and also the ad which orginally brought it to my attention....

For those interested I've included a pic of a 1975 model of the Ondes Martenot ..

As a bonus I've also included a picture of Maurice Martenot sitting at and playing with his invention...

https://youtu.be/-ZxENk1kmys

https://youtu.be/wcFzvMCn7XA

Ondes_martenot.jpg

unnamed.jpg

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Well as this is turning into a big Slade love in, here's my favourite song by them, the one they opened with at Reading in 1980, which re-launched their career.
Happy birthday Noddy you legend.

Should have been Knighted years ago. Absolute star of one of the best live bands I have seen.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rattus Norvegicus, what a great record...

https://youtu.be/lR_oNjKzMo0

I loved that record and had that album on repeat 44 years ago as I was doing my first year exams. That's one of the standout tracks. However, the lyrics, now, sound really ****ing unpleasant. If I stuck that record on at home Mrs T would chase me down the garden with a breadknife and lock me in the shed.

I was listening to 'The Cops are Coming' by the Heavy Metal Kids a couple of years ago and had a 'did I really hear that?' moment. It's amazing how things that seemed OK at the time are now really not :shrug:

Back to The Stranglers, a couple of friends of mine, both with obvious African heritage, were down the Buccanneer the first time the Stranglers played in Brighton. You can guess the rest. I remember years later one of the girls telling me how uncomfortable the one particular song made them feel.

Anyway, this is not a thread to be derailed so please ignore my pontificating :thumbsup:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Today I will mainly be listening to trance, here's Atlantis Vs Avatar feat. Miriam Stockley - Fiji (Lange Remix).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here