Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Do comment if you have heard this version before, because I haven't. Wendy O from the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs and (gulp) Willie Nelson do Under Pressure! The vocals are a duet of the silky smooth and an unusually raspy Nelson combining with some gorgeous guitar work by the guy who taught Bradley Cooper to play for A Star is Born.

Top tip: Listen at least twice, if not three times in succession to push the original version to the back of your mind and find the depths in this thoroughly unexpected and original version. You won't regret it, but I promise you, one listen ain't enough to find it's soul.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Got to know it well as it was the Sir John Deane's School Song on Founders Day when we all marched a mile and a half to Witton Church to get a bit of religion down ourselves.

Years later found out it was Winston Churchill's favourite Hymn and it is probably mine.

I had it at our Wedding while Mrs Jakarta had Lord of Hopefulness which probably describes our two looks on life! :lolol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Got to know it well as it was the Sir John Deane's School Song on Founders Day when we all marched a mile and a half to Witton Church to get a bit of religion down ourselves.

Years later found out it was Winston Churchill's favourite Hymn and it is probably mine.

I had it at our Wedding while Mrs Jakarta had Lord of Hopefulness which probably describes our two looks on life! :lolol:
I’m not at all religious, but we used to belt this out in chapel at school and I’ve always liked it. We studied “The Pilgrims Progress” at school as well, I wasn’t as keen on that.

:lolol:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here