Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Leslie West
Only just learnt the sad news that Rock Legend Leslie West died on Dec 23rd 2020. NSC'ers of a certain age will remember him from the bands 'Mountain' and 'West Bruce & Lang', he was larger than life in many respects, but I will remember him as a brilliant guitarist and singer. He suffered with ill health for a lot of his life, he lost a leg to diabetes , overcame cancer as well as alcohol and drug addictions, but, as you will see below, he still kept on pumping out hard assed rock right to the end.
Posting 4 vids (got credit from missing loads of days over the last couple of months) plus I thought Leslie deserved it.

RIP Leslie and thanks for the memories.

This was 7 years ago in concert with Peter Frampton, not long after Leslie's leg had been amputated!

The original version.

My favourite Mountain track.

Live in 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I totall missed thes in the late 80s; but they are a band out of time. My little brother discovered them for me. Sends shivers up the spine.

Edit: just found this live recording :love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y86zu7Q5G9o

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Leslie West
Only just learnt the sad news that Rock Legend Leslie West died on Dec 23rd 2020. NSC'ers of a certain age will remember him from the bands 'Mountain' and 'West Bruce & Lang', he was larger than life in many respects, but I will remember him as a brilliant guitarist and singer. He suffered with ill health for a lot of his life, he lost a leg to diabetes , overcame cancer as well as alcohol and drug addictions, but, as you will see below, he still kept on pumping out hard assed rock right to the end.
Posting 4 vids (got credit from missing loads of days over the last couple of months) plus I thought Leslie deserved it.

RIP Leslie and thanks for the memories. QUOTE}

Saw him in Deal about 10 years ago. Emotional :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here