Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
You might want to rethink that date, as you seem to have heard the Eagles before they formed....in 1971 :lolol:

Poco who the Eagles recruited Randy Meisner from were very similar in sound and formed in 1968

Nah, definitely Eagles, she was weird........F Scott and Fitzgerald's wife I remember as if it was 4th May 73 :)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
There was a period in my life when ALL I would listen to was 4AD Artists...

We all did it :D
4AD......Factory......Rough Trade.......what marvellous days when a record label actually meant something
4AD was something else though

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You didn’t happen to watch Remember My Name about David Crosby on Sky Arts last night did you? I came on here this morning to post exactly the same song! Crosby rated that as their most meaningful and satisfying song. So sad that the rest of the band no longer talk to him, although he does admit to many regrets. Good programme though :thumbsup:

I guess I’ll just have to go back to probably my most played album instead :smile:

Those harmonies!

https://youtu.be/nP0VBB7BO64

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Played the album track this morning and was forced to strap on my air guitar. Then I discovered this live version. Oh my, who wouldn't want to be a lead guitarist playing a riff like that in a live band. Mike Campbell on lead and Stan Lynch with one of my favourite drum patterns. Can't keep still just watching and listening again. Enjoy:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Er Yes, what with Rick Wright being dead and all that.

The other three are all stupendously rich and don't need to do a reunion and Roger Waters is a Cock of the first order...

:) Well yes, I know that Wright has died, and Waters is a cock, but if Gilmour is still touring you can shut your eyes and get a good approximation. I can recommend the DVD 'Remember that night - David Gilmour - live at the Albert Hall'. Very immersive, and nice tour footage, and a Waters free zone. I expect you have it 👍.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Er Yes, what with Rick Wright being dead and all that.

The other three are all stupendously rich and don't need to do a reunion and Roger Waters is a Cock of the first order...

Nick Mason is (was before lockdown) touring as Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets playing Syd Barrett Floyd. I was going, as they were playing locally :down:

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
Sad memory from my youth - me and my teenage mates loved CSNY but used to fall silent when this track played on the turntable. A shameful event from history that must be remembered. I've never seen the accompanying 'video' until now. Thank you for posting.

There was a documentary about David Crosby on Sky Arts last night, well worth a watch if you're able. They showed him visiting the memorial centre and he talked about how Neil Young wrote the song and how angry they all were.

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
You didn’t happen to watch Remember My Name about David Crosby on Sky Arts last night did you? I came on here this morning to post exactly the same song! Crosby rated that as their most meaningful and satisfying song. So sad that the rest of the band no longer talk to him, although he does admit to many regrets. Good programme though :thumbsup:

I guess I’ll just have to go back to probably my most played album instead :smile:

Those harmonies!

https://youtu.be/nP0VBB7BO64

Yes I did ! which prompted this post. I did feel very sad for him by the end, he was obviously a monumental pain in the arse but you know, he's an old man with many regrets .

"Old man take a look at my life I'm a lot like you"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here