[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
And if by magic (or like London buses) more XTC this time from 1989

This is heading off to their psychedelia (Dukes of Stratosfear) phase when I liked their pop stuff better but a wonderful back catalogue.

Skylarking is one of my Desert Island Discs if you can get away with Albums...

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
This is a long 'un, but well worth the time. Wipers are a pretty underrated band considering Greg Sage is such an immense guitarist. A wonderful mixture of punk and space rock, with some Hendrix thrown in. Lyrics still pertinent, of course.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Roger Hodgson co founded Supertramp in 1969 and was the main singer/songwriter. This song was from their 1979 album Breakfast In America, the live recording was 4 years ago, 37 years after the original. I've taken the liberty of posting both videos so you can compare them, especially Roger's voice, amazing!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
According to Wiki, Robert Smith originally wrote the song for his long-time girlfriend and then fiancée, Mary, as a wedding present.

Beautiful lyrics.

What a talented bloke.

Not sure if it was a wedding present, but it was written for Mary. They met at school (age 14-ish) and have been together ever since.
The lyrics are wonderful and heartfelt. :love:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
A current one - and stick with it - it calms down after 9 seconds
He cites George Harrison as an influence which I can see

A very heavy influence by the sound of it, mind you if you're going to be influenced by anybody GH is a pretty good choice.
:thumbsup:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Their best effort Shirley?

Absolute belter. I bought the album in Amsterdam on a stag weekend about 21 years ago . . . I was wrecked, I still have the album and its just about the only thing I can remember about the whiole weekend . . . . I don't even remember coming home, or losing a mate in the process ( who freaked at the airport and ended up getting the train home instead!!! )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports