Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS

Considering I was into Purple, Zeppelin, SAHB etc. etc, at the time, everything screams that I shouldn't have liked The Carpenters, but I loved them and IMHO Karen's beautiful voice had no equals and still hasn't. This was my favourite Carpenters song, what with Karen's voice and Tony Poluso's incredible guitar solo, timeless.

Second post as I didn't post yesterday.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Considering I was into Purple, Zeppelin, SAHB etc. etc, at the time, everything screams that I shouldn't have liked The Carpenters, but I loved them and IMHO Karen's beautiful voice had no equals and still hasn't. This was my favourite Carpenters song, what with Karen's voice and Tony Poluso's incredible guitar solo, timeless.

Second post as I didn't post yesterday.

Superstar and Goodbye To Love are my two favourite Carpenters songs, I adore them both, playing them frequently in my YouTube playlists.

Similarly to you, they don’t fit my usual musical genre passions (dance, synth, euro beat, punk and new wave), but the classy Carpenters transcend such things.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Superstar and Goodbye To Love are my two favourite Carpenters songs, I adore them both, playing them frequently in my YouTube playlists.

Similarly to you, they don’t fit my usual musical genre passions (dance, synth, euro beat, punk and new wave), but the classy Carpenters transcend such things.

It's why I love this thread, suddenly you're reminded of songs/bands from the past and how much you loved them.
:thumbsup:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Funny how you can go from the perfection and beauty of Karen Carpenter's voice to one like Joe Cocker's, but they can still have the same effect on you. Here's Joe putting his life and soul into a beautiful song written by Billy Preston.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
The music threads differ from the politics ones in that it's fun to explore other people's viewpoint on the music threads.
However if you don't like the Ramones then there is little hope for you:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here