Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Back in Liverpool Bob saw the Beatles 20-30 times including the last gig at the Cavern when they all had new suits and kit. Cilla did the cloakroom and was a bit of a goer apparently. He did see them in Hamburg too so I recall.

And tales of his fishing trip with Jeff Beck would have PPF in a state of total arousal :lolol: :thumbsup:

I bet Bob’s got some tales to tell, what a life. On one of our recent football weekends to Liverpool we visited a John and Yoko exhibition, amazing stuff, it drive home for me that Lennon was a gifted writer and poet.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Reminds me of one of my fav live music videos

The Jocks go absolutely nuts. Tennents Super must have been 2 for 1
Saw Faithless at Creamfields in 2002.

About 20,000 in front of the main stage at a guess. We were near the front and had just been watching Underworld (also brilliant) but it filled up massively for Faithless.

Turned round and just saw a sea of off their face ravers with huge grins.

It went OFF. Absolutely amazing.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Stepped back in time to some Jon and Vangelis today

Silent golden movies, talkies, technicolour, long ago
My younger ways stand clearer, clearer than my footprints
Stardom greats I've followed closely Closer than the nearest heartbeat
Longer that expected-ther were great-
Oh love oh love just to see them
Acting on the silver screen, oh my
Clark Gable, Fairbanks, Maureen O'Sullivan
Fantasy would fill my life and I
Love fantasy so much
Did you see in the morning light
I really talked, yes I did, to Gods early dawning light
And I was privileged to be as I am to this day
To be with you. To be with you

Thats what you call lyrics. and a 12 min song never hurts

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
My local radio station, Sittingbourne (SFM 106.9), play a cracking mix of music - I heard this today (although to be fair, not this live version)…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9uyT11vXPw

Ultravox, known for THAT single, but were much more...

Warren Cann was an absolute metronome of a drummer
Billy Currie a genius of the keyboards and violin
Chris Cross one of the most under-rated bass players of all time
Midge Ure - a pretty decent guitarist, not bad vocalist and co-wrote the biggest single of all time...!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My local radio station, Sittingbourne (SFM 106.9), play a cracking mix of music - I heard this today (although to be fair, not this live version)…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9uyT11vXPw

Ultravox, known for THAT single, but were much more...

Warren Cann was an absolute metronome of a drummer
Billy Currie a genius of the keyboards and violin
Chris Cross one of the most under-rated bass players of all time
Midge Ure - a pretty decent guitarist, not bad vocalist and co-wrote the biggest single of all time...!

Did you see their gigs in Brighton in the early 80’s? With a mate, we recently worked out that we saw them three or four times then, the first at the Top Rank Suite, the others at the BC. Cann, Currie and Cross were quality. I can still remember The Voice and The Hymn at our last gig, always crushed near the front of the crowd.

A few years before that, in summer 80 I drove my Dad crazy by playing Sleepwalk loud on repeat.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Did you see their gigs in Brighton in the early 80’s? With a mate, we recently worked out that we saw them three or four times then, the first at the Top Rank Suite, the others at the BC. Cann, Currie and Cross were quality. I can still remember The Voice and The Hymn at our last gig, always crushed near the front of the crowd.

A few years before that, in summer 80 I drove my Dad crazy by playing Sleepwalk loud on repeat.

Saw them at Jenkinson's bar on Brighton sea front in August 1980, Midge Ure had just joined them and they played a mix of old and new Ultravox. It was a great gig with probably less than 300 people there...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here