Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Been blown away by the debut record from Indonesian female rock/metal trio Voice of Baceprot. Incredible story of having to withstand the prejudice and hate from sections their very Muslim province for wanting to play music. For fans of System of a Down and Rage Against The Machine, with so many more influences in their music throughout the album:

GallodiMare

Apr 14, 2023
The quality of the music that gets out on this thread is phenomenal

better than any radio station

I was going to put Peter Gabriel 'Games Without Frontiers' on as it was the best song I heard yesterday but thought I should put something that people might not know on instead.

Bit the best song I heard was

Always been a lover of Genesis and Van Der Graaf Generator (both groups initially had success in Italy before in the UK - a matter of refined taste and at the same time foresight). I omit other logistical clarifications (farm in Sardinia, students both my brother and I, in the summer we all worked the land, in the winter at school, at night we had a common room, we played the records of the major prog-rock groups in a wood-colored stereo system sold by mail by Riders digest selection. Oh well, old days. I know everything about Genesis. As for Peter, even today I can't help but prefer this song.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ren, several mentions of our town in this, he is obviously hugely talented, as great as the song and delivery is, I am not sure how I sit with the subject of the song, does it glorify murder ?

I have lately been thinking about counter culture and what is right, and although psychobilly is largely ignored by the media and the general public. it’s supposed to be no political and anti racist, but can glamourise misogyny and murder and as I’m older I wonder are those songs I love wrong ? Should I still like them, in particular there is a song by Demeted Are Go called PVC chair about a child strapped to a chair to young to realise to young to care, it’s wrong, then I learn the singer was abused as a child, does that make it ok, is it therapy ? I was abused, so maybe there’s a connection you don’t realise until your older and that what drew me to is like psychobilly because it’s on the edge, and had a violent release in wreckin freeing pent up anger and frustration, I’m not a violent or aggressive person, but in the pit you could let loose.
pah, anyway this is not psychobilly, proving I’m not narrow minded, but still attracted to the edge.
But good.

clarity

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can I have this for today? Yes, yes I can.

Changed my mind. This is even better.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
A cross between Day Tripper and Ticket to Ride, mixed up with The Byrds and produces another classy song by Marty Stuart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here