Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Cheers HWt,

If you like this you might like some of Disturbed’s other songs and accompanying videos which are amazing.

Their version of ‘Sounds of Silence’ is worth a listen and one of the best cover’s I’ve heard in a long time.

W.OW!
There's many things I detest about the www. , this thread isn't one of them x

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Here you go @Happy Exile and @HalfaSeatOn

See what you think of this. Had the pleasure of seeing them a couple of times. This came out 33 years ago. Bill's singing is amazing. The music is amazing.

Our great leaders
The leaders of man
They lied to us all
They tried to pretend.
They tightened the rope around your neck
Distorted all your views until the bitter end.

Last edited:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Here you go @Happy Exile and @HalfaSeatOn

See what you think of this. Had the pleasure of seeing them a couple of times. This came out 33 years ago. Bill's singing is amazing. The music is amazing.

Our great leaders
The leaders of man
They lied to us all
They tried to pretend.
They tightened the rope around your neck
Distorted all your views until the bitter end.

I like it. If I'd known about it 33 years ago I'm sure it would have been on my mixtape somewhere between Sisters of Mercy and Fields of the Nephilim. In a way I can't articulate I can feel a line between this and some of the New Order songs I love too - all sorts of memory-resonance listening to it. Thank you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I like it. If I'd known about it 33 years ago I'm sure it would have been on my mixtape somewhere between Sisters of Mercy and Fields of the Nephilim. In a way I can't articulate I can feel a line between this and some of the New Order songs I love too - all sorts of memory-resonance listening to it. Thank you.
Good!

They are from Vancouver. Bill (vocals, Guitar, programming) was in an early line up of Skinny Puppy (also from Vancouver, and who I saw live at the Luv Affair when I lived in Vancouver in around 85). I would say they are definitely not Goth. I quite like both SOM and FOTN and wouldn't class FLA with them. From Wiki: "The band members were influenced by early electronic and industrial acts such as Cabaret Voltaire, Portion Control, D.A.F., Test Dept, SPK, and Severed Heads, but mainly by the electronic body music style of Front 242". Yep. I was a big fan of all those bands especially portion control, SPK, Cabvol and Severed Heads. Electro Industrial at the core, but each with their own twists. A lot of it very danceable.

I am going to post, today, the track an acquaintance, one of the DJs on CITR (university of British Columbia radio station) put on a mix tape for me in 89. He had a white label copy because the record wasn't released till 1990. When I heard this I nearly lost my shit :LOL: You can get a better sense of Bill's unique vocal. This was so ahead of its time. Crank up the voluuuuuume!!!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

That's terrific.

I have a bit of a problem with certain types of profound deeply personal lyrics, especially mixed with a certain type of music. The certain type of music (take the singing away and you may get what I mean) is exemplified by 'The whole of the moon' and 'American Pie'. They affect me. So there are lots of amazing records that I won't listen to again. Same with books. One of the most enjoyable books I have read are the Dark Materials books. I am still waiting for the last in the series to be published. But they are so affecting/disturbing I know I'll never read them again. Perhaps this is why I gravitate to music sung in a language I don't understand (I have countless Russian, and German language records), or with simple soundbite lyrics (as in Fraunhofer Diffraction), or sung in a muffled or mixed down manner (70 Gwen Party) so that I don't have to engage with the words, or simply arch, wry, mad or fantasy lyrics (Legendary Pink Dots are all of these, Peter Hammill similar but less funny).

I played that Hi Ren track to Mrs T recently. At the end we both had tears pouring down our faces. That was the third play for me. I probably won't listen to it again.

Not sure where your track fits. Yet :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here