Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just watched Live at Milton Keynes. This song is arguably my favourite, but how to choose? In my case, I saw them live in Brighton when they debuted this song and I loved it from that moment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Released 1985, time flies.
I know. I feel like I'm accelerating, in the psychic equivalent of a Tesco trolley, past all the fine things, the footballs, the musics, the lovely dayses, into the embrace of the pit.

:lolol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Given the sad passing of Alan Rankine today, seems only fitting to give this an airing.

Just reminds you how open the 80s were to truly unique ideas and sounds...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Given the sad passing of Alan Rankine today, seems only fitting to give this an airing.

Just reminds you how open the 80s were to truly unique ideas and sounds...

Top of the pops for a short while was brilliant. A little window of time between 80 and 82 when innovation was allowed in, before much of it was bought, and then everything fragmented.

I remember Billy in 'Heaven' in a sailor suit dancing to the Human League.

But, all that said, and despite all that love, music is better now than it ever was. I can barely keep up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A fair bit of waffle at the beginning and in the middle and I’m pretty sure that the two songs are being mimed but a bit of a gem for me as I’d not seen this from 1967 before. Ground breaking music at the time

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Caution - Some swearing at beginning. Potentially offensive ideas & imaging elsewhere on album (Joe's Garage).
Classic Zappa

Last edited:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Caution - Some swearing at beginning. Potentially offensive ideas & imaging elsewhere on album (Joe's Garage).
Classic Zappa

Wonderful guitar solo - almost certainly his best. Didn't know much about FZ until I saw him live at Knebworth. Became a fan there & then.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I’m not usually big on electronic music but I love the gritty mix of urban sounds here - multiple layered, silky vocals on top of strong percussive tracks gives it a really cool vibe - an eclectic, heavily produced fusion of funk, soul and dance.

( ok, so I’ve been watching Nerve on Netflix 🙂)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here