[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
1958 and the beautiful simplicity of 'Everyday' by Buddy Holly, co written by Buddy and his producer/manager Norman Petty. The recording was just Buddy singing, his drummer Jerry Allison keeping time by slapping his knees, Norman Petty's wife playing the Celesta keyboard and Buddy's bass player.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This one just came up on a mix tape and put a smile on my face. Let it run till it gets to the chorus before binning it off.

I will post the non-controversial version video link. ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqhXnwqvxD4

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
1958 and the beautiful simplicity of 'Everyday' by Buddy Holly, co written by Buddy and his producer/manager Norman Petty. The recording was just Buddy singing, his drummer Jerry Allison keeping time by slapping his knees, Norman Petty's wife playing the Celesta keyboard and Buddy's bass player.

I thought Jerry played an upturned empty cardboard box.

Anyway, this song showed just what a genius Buddy Holly was, a true front runner in music, constantly changing from Western Swing, straight up Rock'a'Billy, too Rock'n'Roll and classic melodies like this, if he had lived he would have eclipsed most musicians.

A true legend, R.I.P Buddy I loved you as a young 10year old getting into music, massive poster on my wall.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I don't think Norman Petty had much input into writing Buddy Holly songs, it was part of the deal to use his studio and produce the records that he insisted on co-writing credits.

Random fact Jerry Allison wanted the original song title Cindy Lou changed to Peggy Sue, as it was his then girlfriend's name and Buddy Holly agreed. The rest is history

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not a complete song but the most interesting and listenable piece of music I heard yesterday, some great bass playing from McCartney and drumming from Ringo, playing off each other brilliantly imo

https://youtu.be/tUJamEpABAM

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm not sure how, but I have never really paid any attention to the Chameleons.
They have been a blindspot for me for the past 40 years.
For some reason, I dismissed them, without really giving them a chance.

Several of their songs often crop up on spotify after my selected playlist finishes and some random tunes get selected.
The ones that catch my ear and see me checking the artist are regularly The Chameleons.

This one did exactly that today.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Blimey. Of all things, I've just been listening to Tubular Bells. I'd forgotten how bloody good it is...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports