Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Going back in time love this track from a great album. Totally bonkers lyrics and just ferocious. I'm just off to " eat some seeds as a pastime activity ". :)

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I love the power and simplicity of this.

I was calling
For the last time
We've been here before
They found the pictures in the snow
I can tell your eyes
Looked beneath the blue
I walk underneath the trees
For the first time

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I read a story in the Guardian about the feud between the principal members of The Wrens, and it got me thinking that I should dig out the CD Meadowlands (I would have but, feeling lazy, I streamed it instead.)

Listening to it was thought-provoking for sure. At the time (2003) I remember kind of liking the album, which was recommended by a former workmate who I bumped into, but there were things about it that stopped me from getting fully immersed in it. Maybe the vocals sounded a bit too American emo? Maybe it was too sprawling, with its stylistic shifts? It could have been slightly not aggressive enough for my rock tastes at the time?

Anyway, after a while, as with much of my music, it ended up on my ipod and the songs would come up on shuffle in the car, or while making dinner (who's this?) Listening to the record in order today (yes you have a point Adele) made me realise that I know many of the songs much better than I would have thought, and that it is a really good album. It also got me thinking that I have more hard/digital copies of music than I will ever be able to do justice to unless I do nothing else but listen (and my collection is tiny compared to many), and that I've had so many formats/listening modalities wash over me to this middle-aged point.

This is still the song I like best, and its lyrics - about musicians struggling to make it - makes me feel bad for the unlucky Wrens blokes:

Here's the article, if you're interested: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...me-the-bitter-feud-of-indie-rockers-the-wrens

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here