Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Edit: changing today's pick. The original can go on the remix thread.

Before I found out I was 'on the spectrum' last year, I often wondered why music that I found utterly majestic left others cold. This is extraordinary. Now 40 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRS1yKNUiCw

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
No apologies for this choice, I've always liked The Carpenters and was reminded of how great they were listening to Radio 2 yesterday afternoon. Michael Ball interviewed Richard Carpenter for about an hour talking about their career and how the songs were conceived, written and arranged. The title for this song came from a throw away line he heard in a film which he thought would make a good song title, as the song developed he wanted a more 'edgy' sound to compliment Karen's vocals. He asked a session guitarist he knew (Tony Peluso) if he could improvise some rock style guitar on the song, Tony couldn't read music so Richard showed him the chords and told him to just play what you feel. Tony did what he was told and it was recorded in one take, unbelievable Jeff!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
One of my favourite Stones tracks from "Get Yer Ya Ya's Out" which I've been listening to today + an homage to HWT in the accompanying video because I know how he likes a pretty face to adorn his daily selections!!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here