Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Fkn hell, on R6 now.

Joy Division are probably my all time favourite band.

However, for some reason, I have never been able to link most of the album song titles to the songs themselves.
Must have listened to the albums a few thousand times, but for the life of me I couldn't tell you which song is Digital.
I can identify which album the song is on, but unless the title is actually part of the song, I haven't got a scooby.

Wilderness/interzone/New dawn fades/Candidate/Insight/Shadow play/Disorder/I remember nothing - genuinely couldn't tell you which is which. Some I can narrow down to two, but not with any o confidence of which one.
If I had to pick the song title from your post without seeing it, I would have guessed Shadow play.

I don't have the same issue with other bands.
I suspect it's because i have always listened to both albums from start to finish without picking out individual songs.

Weird though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

However, for some reason, I have never been able to link most of the album song titles to the songs themselves.
Must have listened to the albums a few thousand times, but for the life of me I couldn't tell you which song is Digital.
I can identify which album the song is on, but unless the title is actually part of the song, I haven't got a scooby.

Wilderness/interzone/New dawn fades/Candidate/Insight/Shadow play/Disorder/I remember nothing - genuinely couldn't tell you which is which. Some I can narrow down to two, but not with any o confidence of which one.
If I had to pick the song title from your post without seeing it, I would have guessed Shadow play.

I suspect it's because i have always listened to both albums from start to finish without picking out individual songs.

Weird though.

Did you see them live? A mate of mine saw them at Futurama 1 in Leeds (1979) and said at the time they were shite. Fast forward 42 years and he now says they were brilliant :lolol: (I didn't have the heart to say 'but 40 years ago you said'.....).

FWIW my favourite album of their's is the official live double. Like you I can't name any of the tracks, even though I know many of the tracks' names. Weird indeed :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
https://youtu.be/u7Bq6Yp7S0M

For a a time back then, this was the most glorious fusion of musik and artwork I ever did see. Jaz Coleman :bowdown:

Sorry, but what decade was that released? ???

:wink:

(They were my little brother's favourite band. I didn't get to see them till the 90s. JC's CV is one of the oddest I've seen. I half imagine he just made it all up :lolol:)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
so glad thread still going .... have not posted lately as have had vertigo

https://youtu.be/F-kVFfKezVo

I hope you're feeling better! I managed to go A over T in the back garden a few years ago and gashed my nose on a bit of stone. When I tried to get up I fell over again into a bush. It was quite frightening. :eek:

I have found that the Brandt-Daroff exercise clears it after a few days, and I can stay clear for months afterwards. :thumbsup:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Still can't fathom how good this is. I struggle to even describe what genre it is... Hip-Hop 80s synthwave? Nobody in Hip-Hop is pushing boundaries like this and La Roux fits the track and video perfectly.

If a complete box-set of Black Mirror episodes and a grime CD were transported back in time and fell in to the hands of a paranoid schizophrenic then he'd come out with this, and I mean that as a massive, massive compliment.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Weird though.

That’s probably very common. It gets worse with age!

I generally know the names of singles of bands I love, plus one or two other album tracks per album at the very most.

I’ve a great memory, but never of complete album listings (instantly tying names to sounds), likewise never a lyrics obsessive.

I just follow what I love hearing - melodies, harmonies, baselines, hooks, sometimes lyrics.

Probably helping to make me never a music snob. I love a load of singles by artists probably despised by other people concerned with only mentioning legendary artists.

Yep, love JD. If there was a desert island artists and you could take the music of two, it would be JD and New Order.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here