Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lol, would you say the same about The Pet Shop Boys? Very similar voices imo. Know what you mean though, my wife thinks Al Stewarts voice is Twee

I saw that Worthing concert. Best was the one in Eastbourne around the time of Last Days Of The Century for me

I have a feeling some of us saw him at the Dome supporting someone like Supertramp around 46 years ago. This was before the (in my view, of course) excrable 'year of the cat'. He had this song about .....hang on I'll look it up...

Roads to Moscow, on the album Past Present and Future. Boy, I really loved that album.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed, it was a toss up between "I Keep A Close Watch" and this one which I re-acquainted myself with today too.......

https://youtu.be/geWNgTfOtHQ

Is that cheating?

I did that once but I think I got away with it*

I did sort of tee that up for you to Trossard it into the net so, no, not cheating :lolol:

*or would have, had our hibernian chum who hates the 80s been on sabbatical at the time.....:rolleyes:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I have a feeling some of us saw him at the Dome supporting someone like Supertramp around 46 years ago. This was before the (in my view, of course) excrable 'year of the cat'. He had this song about .....hang on I'll look it up...

Roads to Moscow, on the album Past Present and Future. Boy, I really loved that album.

Don't think it would have been Supertramp, as at the Dome I recall Supertramp being supported by Gallagher & Lyle and Chris De Burgh in 1974 and then by Joan Armatrading in 1975.

As strange as it may sound, it may have been Wishbone Ash, with Home (minus Laurie Wisefield who had joined Wishbone Ash) having become Al Stewarts backing band

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't think it would have been Supertramp, as at the Dome I recall Supertramp being supported by Gallagher & Lyle and Chris De Burgh in 1974 and then by Joan Armatrading in 1975.

As strange as it may sound, it may have been Wishbone Ash, with Home (minus Laurie Wisefield who had joined Wishbone Ash) having become Al Stewarts backing band

You are absolutely spot on. I was at all those gigs. Below is the Wishbone Ash ticket stub. [MENTION=37530]monty uk[/MENTION] almost certainly has the one next to it :lolol:

family ash.PNG

I couldn't resist and have just bought the CD of the Al Stewart album I mentioned. I do have it on vinyl....

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Having a really good time today searching YouTube for inspiration and was torn between several classics, when luckily I chanced upon this, didn't have to go any further.
(not the best quality video, but worth it)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here