Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just watched this. It's matchday, so music not high on my priorities. It's gonna be hot, so this dreamy song from a much derided album goes down well to start the day:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Elton's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album was one of the best to come out of the 70's, and I've been replaying it a lot just lately. There are many great songs on the album which became classics in their own right, but 'Love Lies Bleeding' is my favourite. The guitar of Davey Johnstone, drumming of Nigel Olsson and Elton's piano playing and vocals are outstanding. This was recorded in 1973 and both Davey and Nigel still record and tour with Elton nearly 50 years later.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Elton's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album was one of the best to come out of the 70's, and I've been replaying it a lot just lately. There are many great songs on the album which became classics in their own right, but 'Love Lies Bleeding' is my favourite. The guitar of Davey Johnstone, drumming of Nigel Olsson and Elton's piano playing and vocals are outstanding. This was recorded in 1973 and both Davey and Nigel still record and tour with Elton nearly 50 years later.

video]https://youtu.be/n603wAouaZU[/video]

I was a big Elton fan but for me this was his last great album and I stopped buying them after this one, he had a few good songs on later albums but he was chasing the dollar and it showed in the music imo. Elton is NOT a rocker much as he’d like to be

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I was a big Elton fan but for me this was his last great album and I stopped buying them after this one, he had a few good songs on later albums but he was chasing the dollar and it showed in the music imo. Elton is NOT a rocker much as he’d like to be

And that's why I chose this album from 1973, I'm not bothered about him since.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I have only just found out that Mickey Dolenz sang lead vocals on this pleasant little ditty

Sad that he is the only one still alive

https://youtu.be/sUzs5dlLrm0

Not sure of the exact figures, but I think Mickey Dolenz sang lead on a lot of The Monkees songs,
some of the others were, I'm a Believer, Last Train to Clarksville, Steppin' Stone, She, Words and of course who could forget the classic 'Randy Scouse Git'!

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here