Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
1980 changed my musical taste from original stars of the 50s too something the same but fresh and new and ours at the time.
I only realised and read recently that the breakaway rockabilly scene in 79/80 from the traditional teddy boy clubs, happened mainly in London, the young rockabillies dressed more flamboyantly and wore make up like the punks to piss off the teds, who banned them from their rockin clubs and even fought the young cats.
The teddyboys hated the young kids and rockabillies was a derogatory term used by the teds along with sillybillies, because they were more aggressive and had that punk energy.
They found their own clubs one of them the famous Blitz club was mainly a rockabilly club for the young crowd, where bands like the Polecats & Meteors would hang out with Adam & The Ants crew, and where it was cool to be seen, you can see the influence in this early video of the polecats in peg pants, big hair, eyeliner and loud shirts must have influenced the young new wave scene, as stars like Martin Kemp and others went to those early rockabilly clubs….

Cool eh.

https://youtu.be/mzCpmWk3fb0

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
1980 changed my musical taste from original stars of the 50s too something the same but fresh and new and ours at the time.
I only realised and read recently that the breakaway rockabilly scene in 79/80 from the traditional teddy boy clubs, happened mainly in London, the young rockabillies dressed more flamboyantly and wore make up like the punks to piss off the teds, who banned them from their rockin clubs and even fought the young cats.
The teddyboys hated the young kids and rockabillies was a derogatory term used by the teds along with sillybillies, because they were more aggressive and had that punk energy.
They found their own clubs one of them the famous Blitz club was mainly a rockabilly club for the young crowd, where bands like the Polecats & Meteors would hang out with Adam & The Ants crew, and where it was cool to be scene, you can see the influence in this early video of the polecats in peg pants, big hair, eyeliner and loud shirts must have influenced the young new wave scene, as stars like Martin Kemp and others went to those early rockabilly clubs….

Cool eh.

https://youtu.be/mzCpmWk3fb0

I was a punk in 77 and wore brothel creepers. Black. Sharp. Music was banging, or it wasn't. You have posted multo classico top trax. Bring it on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here