Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
The opening track from the wonderful new Destroyer album. Usually Dan Bejar is very verbose, and rather sarcastic, but this song is pretty taciturn for him, and the instrumentation is quite blissed out on the extended outro.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
This band never made it beyond playing big pubs but I saw them live a handful of times and they were always hugely impressive and seemed destined for more - some really good songs, incredible musicianship and a really tight, big sound. This is a live recording of a band without a big setup (I think it's at an event for promoting local bands in Leeds) and it sounds epic. The first time I heard the transition from their own song into Kate Bush like they do in this video it blew me away. Still listening to some of their stuff today.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The beautiful original wistful shoegaze version of misty circles by the once beautiful Pete Burns. The 'disco'version that came out some years later is basically the second half of this version. I was familiar with the original and wondered who was doing a cover version when I first heard it. Love them both but the shoegaze version is quite something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI2-ro9P5z0

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's only taken me 50 years to get around to listening to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X15PsqN0DHc

Thank goodness you got there in the end. I envy you that recent pleasure of hearing it for the first time. It was terrific played live by the original band too.

But I won't waste a post with just words. This thread is for music. Here's a new song from from a singer who's voice has aged rather better than Ian Anderson's. Sounds like his new album is a cracker and this song by Rodney Crowell & Chris Stapleton is superb. Lovely singing, lovely song and beautifully played. Feels like a country classic already and can't wait for the album.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here