Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Been posting a bit intermittently lately so I reckon I've stockpiled a few days and when I stumbled across this NPR Tiny Desk concert it presented the perfect opportunity to cash in my credits!! 3 great songs, two great singers at the top of their game and five superb musicians....

https://youtu.be/srn5Cd9yR3Y

....waits to get severe wigging from Super Steve Earle

Yes I agree - outstanding! I LOVE the second track. Obviously Robert Plant is legendary but Alison Krauss is exceptional too - multi instrumentalist and can sing ANYTHING with feeling

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Excellent - it always pleases me whan that happens.

Yes I remember RLYL. Peel played them. My recollection is they started out with a more tinny guitar sound like the Nightengales, but then morphed into the sound (but not the look) of proto goth. Sisters of Mercy style. I must say I disliked that sound initially (despite being a big fan of Danse Society and Bauhaus) owing to the pompous singing style. Wayne Hussey and Andrew Eldrich :facepalm: and yet, in te 90s I decided I liked the sound after all. In the RLYL track you posted the vocal is teetering towards that, and the guitar is more beefy, and I liked it a lot :thumbsup: (Edit - just been listening to talk about the weather - great track, first album, but released in 85? The Peel session stuff were around 81 - I moved to Canada in 82; I will have to investigate more). (Edit Edit, listeing now to their first single, Beating my head, 1982; at the time I would have not liked it. The vocal is weak, and the guitar too beefy. Now? I love it!. I see a wormhole ahead - thanks for that :thumbsup:)

Back to PTB, this is my track for today. Another absolute gem. I like to sing along and amuse the nipper by singing the chorus using the voice of Stewy from Family Guy. Try it and you'll never get it out of your head. Ever :lolol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IXP3_WSDYw

Incidentally both the tracks I posted were released in 1987. Tell me PTB weren't massively ahead of their time. And they are still going. And they are German. How mad is that?

RLYL - I ordered off Rough Trade today 3 CDs ... albums, singles and BBC sessions 1982 to 1987

Whilst I derail the thread, I always have a (spiral-bound) notebook 'on the go'. I write down random stuff like 'need washing up liquid' to check out blah-d-blah band etc. I looked at it one morning and the night before I written the usual things plus 'Andrew Eldrich' ...... no idea why!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here