Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

gaaaaaawwwwwwd this always kicks my arse (emotionally). perfect.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Yes that is a great album. My life in the bush of ghosts is class. I think Hoger Czukai and Big Audio Dynamite may have beaten them to it though. I like a sample, me :thumbsup:

Tut tut. My Life In the Bush of Ghosts was recorded around '79 or '80 I think - B.A.D.'s first record didn't come out until 1985. Czukay was a creative sampler, and he used tape editing techniques - he was undoubtedly influenced by the musique concrete experiments of Varese and Stockhausen. When thinking about sampling we can't forget about the innovations from the Mellotron, Jamaican sound systems, and early hip hop, which all pre-dated the invention of the Fairlight. I think I remember that on Tomorrow's World :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very good pick. Do you have the vinyl with that bonkers 45? I absolutely love that :love:

Nope, I bought my long lost vinyl version in Spain, was just the album, which I nearly wore out

Edit, changed my choice having just had this pop up on my Ipod. I wonder if the last 45 or so secs on this influenced some of the instruments on Sgt Peppers

https://youtu.be/4NBDvXpsBzk

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tut tut. My Life In the Bush of Ghosts was recorded around '79 or '80 I think - B.A.D.'s first record didn't come out until 1985. Czukay was a creative sampler, and he used tape editing techniques - he was undoubtedly influenced by the musique concrete experiments of Varese and Stockhausen. When thinking about sampling we can't forget about the innovations from the Mellotron, Jamaican sound systems, and early hip hop, which all pre-dated the invention of the Fairlight. I think I remember that on Tomorrow's World :)

I stand corrected.

When I lived in Vancouver the Sunday evening programme presenter on CITR, the university radio station, a bloke called Mark Mushet (now a photographer) was a violent opponent of the Fairlight. He called it cheating. :lolol: He did, however, introduce me to Blaine Reininger, Severed Heads, Hector Zazou, and various other lovelies :thumbsup:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Good old 'Infinite Jukebox' thread got me looking at Dire Straits today, haven't heard this masterpiece in a good while, Mark Knopfler at his finest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here