[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If anyone's not familiarised themselves with the wonderful, late great Warren Zevon shame on you!! This track is by way of an intro, a sampler if you like, to a really wondrous song writer, singer, arranger sadly taken from us too early via the normal music route. I heard it on one of my in-car playlists today and put it on repeat until I got home!! I believe he wrote the song in response to the fact that his wife at the time was shagging around so it chronicles his general disillusionment with her and the California lifestyle. The song features a couple of the Eagles on backing vocals and was, I think, produced by Jackson Brown.

https://youtu.be/wqzZQdzx-xI

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That's a nice variation on the original - but for me, it doesn't come close to seeing them live (several times).

Here's a sort of flavour of how the original could sound almost 40 (?!) years ago...

There were two versions of it that featured in Our Ladies, which I watched yesterday, and both were great, but neither sounded like the original, one was I think the December one I posted above (a slower melodic version) and one was closer to the original upbeat pop/rock version but sounded like it had more modern production and more feminine vocals.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just put this on the Infinite Jukebox thread and remembered how much I liked it, so here it is. Tinged with some sad memories as it was a good mates favourite song as well, and was played at his funeral, so this one's for you Pete, miss you mate.

This is my favourite 'happy' song, good to hear it again.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Can't believe I posted this new song yesterday and got just one measly Thumbs Up and no comments - by the way, thanks lasvegan. So as it's the first I've listened to today, I'm offering another chance to listen and watch the Courtney Cox produced video. P..S. some other great music being posted, as usual.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports