Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Altin Gün -leyla.
I can't understand the lyrics but she has a lovely voice.
Sometimes better not to know the lyrics and just enjoy the music.great band.

Welcome aboard the One a Day club. Stuff like that and you'll be a welcome addition to the regulars. Enjoyed that.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Welcome aboard the One a Day club. Stuff like that and you'll be a welcome addition to the regulars. Enjoyed that.

Thanks for welcome.
Yes, they are a great band.
I was listening to their new album and it hasn't quite grabbed me yet and I was drawn back to their previous work.
I've been listening to that particular song most of the afternoon.its fantastic.
I will make sure I keep my posts to one a day maximum too.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Epic is the very apt description for when I saw Faith No More at Wembley Stadium supporting Guns'n Roses back in 1991(i think). Mike Patton was off his tits on 'something', at one point he jumped on to one the large screens at the side of the stage and started rocking it almost getting it to topple over. He then did a forward somersault and landed flat on his back on the stage, which would have knocked the wind out of most people, but he just kept on singing, as I said 'Epic'.
:rock:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Without wishing to turn this excellent thread in to a political one, I'd like to post two versions of Strange Fruit, first sung my Billie Holiday, and the version I'm familiar with by UB40. I was doing a crossword and whilst researching to help me with an answer I came across an article about Billie Holiday where I learned of her original version.
After reading the Wikipedia page of Strange Fruit, I had to listen to the two versions and heard them in a completely different light now understanding the origin of the lyrics.

Have a listen to the Robery Wyatt's version. I won't break thread rules on this occasion and post it. It is quite something.

And, yes, a stunning and shocking song.

Robert Wyatt's version is more like the UB40 version, so I guess that's where the musical likeness comes from?

To me music is about emotion , the UB40 music destroys the emotion of the lyrics , Billie sang it as she felt it, probably seen enough first hand....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here