Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Great choice. One of my favourite bands although must admit to preferring their early stuff before the change of management, new direction and dropping the beanie hat. You should stick to one choice a day like everyone else with none of this 'and for yesterday's malarkey. Improves the thread and makes it really The Best Song You've Heard Today. Nice one and enjoyed the listen.:)

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I guess with DNA from The Beachboys & The Mamas & The Papas, Wilson Phillips were always going to be a little bit special. I think this (almost) acapella version of Good Vibrations, written by Carnie & Chynna's Dad Brian Wilson, proves that.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Great choice. One of my favourite bands although must admit to preferring their early stuff before the change of management, new direction and dropping the beanie hat. You should stick to one choice a day like everyone else with none of this 'and for yesterday's malarkey. Improves the thread and makes it really The Best Song You've Heard Today. Nice one and enjoyed the listen.:)

You do realise several people do this so I'd be grateful if you chastised them similarly although, just because you started this excellent thread, you should also note that you don't own it!!! I accept your concern though so in order not to destroy the purity of the thread I will endeavour to either only submit one tune per day or, on days when I forget to do this, refrain from employing the "yesterday malarky" and thus ensuring you don't get too upset when I post outside your rules! :dunce::dunce::dunce:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You do realise several people do this so I'd be grateful if you chastised them similarly although, just because you started this excellent thread, you should also note that you don't own it!!! I accept your concern though so in order not to destroy the purity of the thread I will endeavour to either only submit one tune per day or, on days when I forget to do this, refrain from employing the "yesterday malarky" and thus ensuring you don't get too upset when I post outside your rules! :dunce::dunce::dunce:

Cheers. Actually I have gently 'chastised' a few posters with cries of 'Oi, respect the thread' and 'this isn't the place for your personal playlist'. All taken in good part on both sides. Incidentally, surely time the 'best song you heard today' is due for a track from one of my favourite albums 'Surfs Up':)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
None of that 70s and 80s shit. This is one day old. :love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saqXBEBvGGI

Has anyone ever told you that you are a music snob? Dissing 70’s and 80’s music as being shit and stating something a day old must be better? For this reason I refuse to listen to the song that you have posted :lolol:

OK, I relented and had a listen...FFS I HATE electronic music and wailing women :wink:

Unlistenable to this old hippy’s ears, music to make me ANGRY!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has anyone ever told you that you are a music snob? Dissing 70’s and 80’s music as being shit and stating something a day old must be better? For this reason I refuse to listen to the song that you have posted :lolol:

Don't be a tit. You're just punishing yourself :wink:

And being silly - I have been all over the 70s and 80s threads, and my comment here was just a j......

I've just been *whooshed, haven't I? :facepalm:

(*well, I hope I have. The alternative would be tragic :lolol:)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

And being silly - I have been all over the 70s and 80s threads, and my comment here was just a j......

Listening to it was punishment enough thanks :lolol: (see I did relent and have a listen)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Listening to it was punishment enough thanks :lolol: (see I did relent and have a listen)

victor.jpg

That's you, that is. ???

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Double post

Attachments

• 4B4A0096-228A-45BD-ACEE-162F6E82428E.jpeg
    4B4A0096-228A-45BD-ACEE-162F6E82428E.jpeg
    21.4 KB · Views: 38

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

In fairness there's always a damned attractive woman on the cover to sweeten the experience so I always welcome HWT's posts!!!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Cheers. Actually I have gently 'chastised' a few posters with cries of 'Oi, respect the thread' and 'this isn't the place for your personal playlist'. All taken in good part on both sides. Incidentally, surely time the 'best song you heard today' is due for a track from one of my favourite albums 'Surfs Up':)

Fair do's - when all is said and done I love this thread, it's like a series of Alice style rabbit holes which you tumble down never knowing quite what your going to experience but regularly being very pleasantly surprised. And you're right about Surf's Up - probably, possibly, maybe one of my favourite albums of all time ..... but which track to play on the day???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here