Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've never been remotely bothered about this song or paid it much attention but just heard the intro played in a house party scene in BBC drama Lovers Rock (part of Small Axe season) and it struck me how infectiously good it is. Just the intro mind... Nile Rogers on guitar and the late Bernard Edwards on bass..

Sometimes when you hear a song within the context of a tv or movie medium it gives it a whole new perspective. Here's the extended version so the intro lasts that bit longer...

Sister Sledge: He's the Greatest Dancer

https://youtu.be/1muhsasqIng

Loved this at the time and now, a stunning dance track.

So true about music turning up in TV or movies.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Loved this at the time and now, a stunning dance track.

So true about music turning up in TV or movies.

They followed it (in the same party scene) with Carl Douglas's "Kung Fu Fighting". I've never enjoyed that song so much either watching them all doing the kung fu dance moves.

The drama is set in 1980 at a house party so all the music is from that era and before, mainly 1970s MOBO, disco, reggae etc

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
They followed it (in the same party scene) with Carl Douglas's "Kung Fu Fighting". I've never enjoyed that song so much either watching them all doing the kung fu dance moves.

The drama is set in 1980 at a house party so all the music is from that era and before, mainly 1970s MOBO, disco, reggae etc

https://youtu.be/cBkq9BnxDmY

Definitely worth watching, I enjoyed this near the end.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That’s stunning :smile:. Never heard of them before.

Same genre as Lebanon Hanover?

Glad you like.

Hard to say. Minimum number of musicians, no drummer, vocal based....not really sure what genre it is to be honest ???:smile::thumbsup:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

The brilliant Senegalese drummer Seckou Keita creates a beautifully stripped back version of 'Rockets' on Weller's new Remixes album featuring his added vocals and sparkling delicate strings.

Here he is in sparkling form.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm tucked in to the 90's at the moment with this little gem. Marvellous bass spidering around the whole song:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here