[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The opening track to British Sea Power's great second album, Open Season. What a band.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I wouldn't bother listening to these if you don't like Oasis.

Be Here Now was a bloated album with most songs over produced and several minutes too long but this was a track that justified it's running length. Probably my favourite on the album.

Liam singing a classic Noel b-side. His voice was shot for a long time but he rolls back the years here. Not peak Liam but close enough for a man pushing 50.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is from last night and as I’d already posted one, it’ll do for today. Some lovely 60’s images in what is a very unpc video for 2020. Song still sounding fresh more than 50 years after it’s release

https://youtu.be/qzpPy9hJYA8

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
The Monkees started out as an artificially created band put together for a TV series of the same name, but grew into one of the biggest bands of the sixties. This was thanks to using top songwriters such as Neil Diamond and Carole King and using the studio talents of the legendary group of LA session musicians known as The Wrecking Crew. The members of The Monkeys, although initially employed as actors for the series, actually had some musical talent, Mike Nesmith was a trained guitarist and Peter Tork was a session musician as a keyboard and guitar player. All of The Monkees sang the vocals on all their songs with Davy Jones and Micky Dolenz singing most of the leads. After 2 studio albums they started to write and record their own material, Micky Dolenz had learnt the drums and they toured the world playing live concerts. A lot of their songs have become classics and this one remains one of my favourites, written by Carole King and her then husband Gerry Goffin.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I know there are New Order fans on here. Hopefully this won't offend them too much
I think this stands up brilliantly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports