Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

whats the best RESTAURANT in b-TOWN baby?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There's one in Western Road called 'MacDonalds' or something. I guess its Scottish. Reckon that must be great, as there's always big queues there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Two favourites are La Fourchette and the Gingerman. Haven't tried Due South, will have to give it a go. 1 Paston Place was very nice but is expensive and a little snobby. For good honest not breaking the bank eating you can't beat Casa Don Carlos or The Ashoka.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Used to be a French restaurant in the early eighties called Le Grandgousiere or similar that did SIX top quality courses for a very reasonable outlay. Can't quite remember where it was (somewhere off Western Road maybe?) but went there a couple of times and it was brilliant.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Tom Hark said:
Used to be a French restaurant in the early eighties called Le Grandgousiere or similar that did SIX top quality courses for a very reasonable outlay. Can't quite remember where it was (somewhere off Western Road maybe?) but went there a couple of times and it was brilliant.

La Gastronome? Next to the exit to Waitrose car park. Was a regular there before we moved overseas. The food was excellent but we were the only regulars under 80 years old. I swear they did steaks 'rare', 'medium', 'well done' and 'won't break your dentures'. Shame as it was proper French bistro food. I think they retired to France and it's a Cypriot place now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Guinness Boy said:
La Gastronome? Next to the exit to Waitrose car park. Was a regular there before we moved overseas. The food was excellent but we were the only regulars under 80 years old. I swear they did steaks 'rare', 'medium', 'well done' and 'won't break your dentures'. Shame as it was proper French bistro food. I think they retired to France and it's a Cypriot place now.

Nope, definitely Le Grandgousiere, give or take a couple of letters

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Tom Hark said:
Or Captain Submarines? Sort of a pre-Subway.

Italian-wise, al Duomos is the original and the best.

Al Duomos is terrible, La Capannina is the best Italian in Brighton.... FACT !!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Any idea of a decent eatery for maximum 20 people. Organising for the Chairman of my company.

Looking for warm, friendly atmosphere to entertain 12-15 or so people (Directors/Managers/Chairmen). I was thinking the Hotel Du Vin, but it is fully booked.

Preferably nearish the Brighton Centre as it is an after dinner do.....

Any ideas would be great!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Barrel of Fun said:
Any idea of a decent eatery for maximum 20 people. Organising for the Chairman of my company.

Looking for warm, friendly atmosphere to entertain 12-15 or so people (Directors/Managers/Chairmen). I was thinking the Hotel Du Vin, but it is fully booked.

Wok Mania

Stuff till you chuck

:thumbsup:

:lolol: :lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Barrel of Fun said:

You're looking for a 'decent eatery' for an 'after dinner do' ??

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Tom Hark said:
Nope, definitely Le Grandgousiere, give or take a couple of letters

It was just below Norfolk Square. Crudites, Salamis, Pate, Main, desert, brie, coffee and mints i seem to remember

Barry at the Tureen (just along from the princess vic) is an entertaining evening out ;)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here