Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the best hotel in london

Bert365

May 7, 2006
Me and my girlfriend are going away for the weekend in london we want the be near the the likes of the london eye and the tate modern and i was just wondering if anyone could recommmed any decent ones.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Have you got a couple of grand to spare, otherwise it is shitty tourist traps, £200 for a damp room the size of a toilet

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
Yup - I'd go for the CityInn Westminster too. Or the new Hilton Tower Bridge on the south bank - though don't expect to get a view of the bridge. Negotiate hard: Jan/Feb are funereal in the hotle industry so you should get a good rate...

I once stayed at the Russell Hotel in Russell Square.

The deal was - turn up, wander the corridors until you find a room open, move in for the night, sleep, go downstairs in the morning for a hearty breakfast, leave.

At no point did anyone ask for any money.

Things may have changed in the last twentyfive years.

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
stayed at st giles hotel by tottenham ct road station. Was nice and cost us about 80 a night. Ask for an end of corridor room though cause they are bigger

Last edited:

upnorthnow

Feb 4, 2004
SK13
why not stay at the travell inn(or is it lodge) at city hall , with rooms at the back that overlook the london eye? a mcdonalds for cheap breakfasts

The russell hotel was done up a couple of years ago and acutualy isn't a bad position for the west end. i always book on late rooms or last minute - i have stayed in 5star for less than £100 a night (down side was a round of sandwiches cost £32 ):rolleyes:

there is the 3 star shaftesbury on shaftesbury avenue, again good position for the west end but a sh*t hotel really.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Personally, I'd get something cheaper and better away from the centre.

With the tube system you're never going to be far away from anywhere.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Lord Bracknell said:
I once stayed at the Russell Hotel in Russell Square.

The deal was - turn up, wander the corridors until you find a room open, move in for the night, sleep, go downstairs in the morning for a hearty breakfast, leave.

At no point did anyone ask for any money.

Things may have changed in the last twentyfive years.

:clap: :clap:

To stay somewhere even half decent will cost you a fortune. There is a Premier Travel Inn on the south bank near Southwark Bridge. Rooms start from £60 and it is clean and modern. Handy for the Tate Modern, Globe etc and 2 min walk from the only pub in London.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here