Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What’s north shelf like to sit in?

greachain

Mar 19, 2023
What’s north shelf like to sit in in terms of atmosphere, crowd, view etc. also any difference between N1B and N2B?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
What’s north shelf like to sit in in terms of atmosphere, crowd, view etc.
Well, you'll have me to contend with, so you'll have to factor in the STINK.

View is great, atmosphere is North Stand Light, but deffo better than further down the E/W stands.

also any difference between N1B and N2B?
About 10m, vertically...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I think it's one of the best places to sit in the Amex, same level as 1901 seats but North stand prices. Above a lot of the NS singers. Main downside is if you want a beer at half time you have to go all the way down to the main NS concourse to get one.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think it's one of the best places to sit in the Amex, same level as 1901 seats but North stand prices. Above a lot of the NS singers. Main downside is if you want a beer at half time you have to go all the way down to the main NS concourse to get one.
To be quite frank, if people really can't do without a beer in the 15 minute interval that is half time, then l feel very sorry for them.

Before and/or after the game, then yes why not? but you go to football to . . . ermmm watch football don't you?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
To be quite frank, if people really can't do without a beer in the 15 minute interval that is half time, then l feel very sorry for them.

Before and/or after the game, then yes why not? but you go to football to . . . ermmm watch football don't you?

Personally I agree but do know plenty that like to squeeze in at least one pint at halftime. Always seems more bother than it is worth to me. Rarely go and get food or drink at all in the 15 minutes myself.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Whilst I agree to a point there's no reason why spectators shouldn't be able to enjoy a beer at their seat nowadays. If they're worried about overexcited fans, make a safe standing area with no alcohol and allow the rest fo the stadium to enjoy a beer.
I appreciate its down to legislation but must be time for a re-think by the powers that be IMO

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Whilst I agree to a point there's no reason why spectators shouldn't be able to enjoy a beer at their seat nowadays. If they're worried about overexcited fans, make a safe standing area with no alcohol and allow the rest fo the stadium to enjoy a beer.
I appreciate its down to legislation but must be time for a re-think by the powers that be IMO
Unfortunately there are too many wankers who think it's okay to throw beer over everyone when we score..I'm happy there is no beer allowed in your seats for this reason.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Sat up there many times. It’s brilliant. You get the noise from the North Stand, a great view, quick to get in and out and no queue for the toilets/snacks.

Only problem is that you can’t get a season ticket up there unless you have a child to take with you.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I think it's one of the best places to sit in the Amex, same level as 1901 seats but North stand prices. Above a lot of the NS singers. Main downside is if you want a beer at half time you have to go all the way down to the main NS concourse to get one

Junior G and myself are moving here next season and very happy with the view following which we checked before the Brentford game.

Price wise isn’t it actually cheaper than the north (when totalled up) as it’s exclusively family stand only isn’t it?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Junior G and myself are moving here next season and very happy with the view following which we checked before the Brentford game.

Price wise isn’t it actually cheaper than the north (when totalled up) as it’s exclusively family stand only isn’t it?
It's £25 more expensive for adults but £125 cheaper for children - moving our 3 from N1A to N2A has saved us £225!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

More importantly, does it have a loo?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It's £25 more expensive for adults but £125 cheaper for children - moving our 3 from N1A to N2A has saved us £225!
We’ve saved £155 just for the two of us from the west lower, took the plunge before the he moves age group on the 24/25 season and have signed up the youngest to Albion+

Gives us a solid a solid 13 years of tenure up there if we want it (when the youngest starts going)

We are also N2A which is comparable to a 1901 view 👌🏻

Last edited:

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Tried both sections over the last couple of matches and, for the price, best seats in the house.
Brilliant view, North stand noise, uncrowded loos and a tiny concourse with pie and cola outlets.
Downside. - No beer of burgers and a lot of stairs but the burger situation may have changed?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I love it, unmatchable views of the game and a phalanx of screens giving live coverage of anywhere you want in the stadium.

Doubt you’ll ever join us though, as you have to be a Freemason!

A4F11AC9-280A-4E8E-8E05-7EB9C302C252.png

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
just moved from n2a to n1c, my boy (9yes) has decided that after 2 years going away games that he prefers to be in the mix of the north and standing up….. but the view in n2a was fantastic

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Unfortunately there are too many wankers who think it's okay to throw beer over everyone when we score..I'm happy there is no beer allowed in your seats for this reason.
Based on zero evidence and a guess 🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here