Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What’s more likely: Top 10 or relegation?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Relegation. We haven't improved our squad from last season sufficiently to claim anything other at this precise moment.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Fair comment.

GK isn't really a position I'm worried about. I mention the goals from Saturday because, from Sanchez's POV they looked uncharacteristic. Obviously, he is still learning.

As to the thread title itself I think my only reasonable answer is "neither". On the BBC predict the table thread I went for 14th. That was partly based on thinking we have more deals to complete in the window though!

Agree

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Both are possible but relegation more likely surely? Trying to predict the league placings, I found it almost impossible to decide from 11 down. To finish top 10 we would need Leeds, West Ham, Everton or Villa to have a shocker vs. last season - I think they were all +10 points from 12th placed Newcastle. That feels less likely than us losing a few more games. BUT, for the majority of the season, the difference between relegation-threatened and Comfortably mid-table is very little - I certainly felt that a couple of results either way at certain points could have seen any of Wolves, Newcastle, Palace, Southampton and ourselves drop into the bottom 3.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Seems the majority are more on my side: I’m struggling to understand given current squads how we can be 13/8 to be top 10 and 4 times as long to be relegated. Somewhere in between is probably the most likely.

White gone
All our full backs are out
Still no goalscorer
Can’t rely on Lallana or Welbeck
Other teams have really strengthened, Wolves, Villa etc all look stronger than this time last year.

My biggest worry is if we have a poor start to the season with the run in we have it could be very costly, our strikers are simply not good enough, it’s harsh to say but I think we’ve seen enough to know now if we don’t strengthen it’s going to be the same old story this season, we can’t keep relying on there being 3 teams worse than us.

It feels like this is the season we have to push towards getting ourselves up the table or we will inevitably go down at some point.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
White gone
All our full backs are out
Still no goalscorer
Can’t rely on Lallana or Welbeck
Other teams have really strengthened, Wolves, Villa etc all look stronger than this time last year.

My biggest worry is if we have a poor start to the season with the run in we have it could be very costly, our strikers are simply not good enough, it’s harsh to say but I think we’ve seen enough to know now if we don’t strengthen it’s going to be the same old story this season, we can’t keep relying on there being 3 teams worse than us.

If we don’t strengthen - in previous years in PL we’ve signed a dozen or so players including some of our biggest signings in the last 2 weeks or so of the window.

All our full backs are out - Lamptey is injured, as he was last season. March is back.

Can’t rely on Lallana or Welbeck - they made 55 appearances last season

Other teams have strengthened / look stronger - “signed new players”. Let’s see how they perform first ...

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Way more likely to go down than finish in top 10 as it stands. Struggled last season, but now our squad is weaker and we haven't managed to address the glaring issue we had last season

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
I have to agree closer to relegation, but remain hopeful.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I suspect will finish around 15th and be hovering around there most of the season. Our transfer business has been disappointing. No striker, same old problems. Plus losing White.

Our team is weaker than last year, where we were in a relegation fight. I can't see how suddenly we will be in the top 10 having addressed none of the problems in the squad.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
If we can get Lamptey, March and Welbeck fit again and keep them fit then I think top 10 is certainly possible….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Definitely more likely to be relegated but fairly confident we won' get top 10 or be relegated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here