Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's Lurking in Your Drinks Cupboard?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If the Irish Cream is open for more than 6 weeks, bin it. Will be an undrinkable goo now. Probably still won't actually make you sick but will be disgusting.

Everything get labelled with opening date here unless its not going to last long un-drunk, after a particularly rank martini was knocked together with extremely old vermouth.

Primarly just whiskey here at the moment - Black Bush, Crested 10, Bushmills 10, Talisker, Johnny Walker Black and a selection of Aldi and Lidl's surprisingly good cheap "posh" whiskeys - Highland Black 8, Glen Marnoch Islay and Abrachan.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Hasn't everyone got a bottle of Ouzo with one slug taken out, no not one of those worm drinks, and realised it's not the same as in Zante?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Shame it wasn't a year earlier. A '70 would be a fabulous find.

On topic: I've kept a bottle of babycham that my Grandmother bought about a year before she died. I think I may also have a bottle of Campari in there; I can't remember why/how I acquired it.

Wasn't 1972 good too? Was out in Portugal at Christmas then.

I picked up a strange bottle of some kind of fruit looking like figs floating in cognac earlier this year at a secondhand shop, hope it's drinkable for Xmas.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Wasn't 1972 good too?

'72 was considerably better than '71, but not a declared vintage (declared = all the main houses produce a port made from grapes harvested in the year in question). From memory, two or three houses declared that year (including Fonseca?). If you have a '72 main house port still, it'll be fully mature, but quite drinkable!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I have so much stuff and it just sits there year after year. Bottles of Tia Maria, stolychnoa ? Vodka, port etc. I do have unopened bottles of a 1990 12 old Glenturret single malt and a 25 year old bottle of Mann? Champagne as well.
However the best I have is some golden Pinga made from sugar beat in Brazil which is also about 30 years old. Only have about a litre left and always celebrate new years with a very small glass. Need the rest of the year to recover!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here