Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] What’s it like near here?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
My daughter is looking to try and move from her first flat into a first house. Shes fairly young and lives on her own and she has seen two places which sort of fit the budget. One is around America Lane area of HH, the other off Cants Lane in BH.

Anyone have any knowledge of either area please.
America Lane is an absolute shit hole I’m afraid

Cants lane area is fine, I lived at the very top 10 years ago.

From memory a few issues around St Andrews Road (half way down) but was years ago. Significant new builds around the area now so area could have well changed

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
My daughter is looking to try and move from her first flat into a first house. Shes fairly young and lives on her own and she has seen two places which sort of fit the budget. One is around America Lane area of HH, the other off Cants Lane in BH.

As a HH resident I can reliably inform you that America Lane is the ghetto. There is a reason why it will be in budget. There was also a murder there not that long ago.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shame @Live by the sea is not around to give the definitive answer to this question.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
America Lane is an absolute shit hole I’m afraid

Cants lane area is fine, I lived at the very top 10 years ago.

From memory a few issues around St Andrews Road (half way down) but was years ago. Significant new builds around the area now so area could have well changed
Something about that made me snigger. Apologies.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Young and single you say :raiseseyebrow:

Ezzun

May 8, 2020
I grew up in HH and lived in Bentswood Crescent for a few years - a few 'characters' around, and things might occasionally get a bit lively, but hardly a no-go zone. For quite a posh town, there's a few 'erberts in HH.

Don't get me started on Bugs Hole tho...;)

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Edited for you :smile: ???
IMG_3620.jpeg

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I grew up in HH and lived in Bentswood Crescent for a few years - a few 'characters' around, and things might occasionally get a bit lively, but hardly a no-go zone. For quite a posh town, there's a few 'erberts in HH.

Don't get me started on Bugs Hole tho...;)
I recall a spat between two councillors in the Middy as to who’s town was worse, where it was revealed there were more active asbos in HH than BH, dontcha know!

It shocked the residents of BH as well!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Search for 3 Little Bentswood, Haywards Heath, and you'll get a similar unfortunately timed picture of armed police questioning two youths :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Search for 1 Little Bentswood, Haywards Heath & you get a similar picture of armed police confronting some youths. It’s just round the corner from America Lane so you’d think it’ll be linked to the same incident.

Probably not the image Mid Sussex District Council would wish to project of their area 😄

Attachments

• IMG_0173.jpeg
    IMG_0173.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You will find no such images of Police in action on Crawley street views, residents here can outgun them so they don't turn up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here