Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] What's hot and what's not in Worthing?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10395331 said:
Fika

https://www.fikasussex.co.uk

Filthy fried egg sandwiches.

e8049029-c52f-4dbe-90df-5dc3b422ef49.jpeg

That is my idea of heaven (and the fact that Mrs Wz has always thought that fried egg sandwiches are 'disgusting and the work of the devil' makes it even better :thumbsup:

Luckily, I see there is one in Hove :thumbsup:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
There was a bit of a locals Worthing resurgence a few years back and I went along a tried a few of the recommendations and came away seriously unimpressed. I have to say though that in the last couple of years Worthing has really changed my opinion.

Some seriously quirky places to drink. For craft the Old Bike store is very good and Level 1 hit and miss. The Anchored, Brookstead, Toad in the Hole and Green Man would form the basis of an excellent ale crawl especially if you add the likes of the Selden Arms and the Corner House.

The two Kenny Tutt restaurants have added quality food and first rate service, even if the menus could be a little more adventurous for my taste. The expanded Crab shack is a top spot for seafood and if you really want to treat yourself for breakfast Perch on the Pier is awesome for the view (minus half a point for the plastic foliage) Mahaan and Om Taste of Nepal are both recommended and I am interested in trying out the newish Mexican place Crudo.

Unless you are going to see the latest FX blockbuster the Dome is a wonderful cinema and great value for money.

Worthing really has the feel of a place on the way up, which is quite something in these difficult times.

yes I agree, it's changed a lot in the past 5 years or so and for the better I think

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I go to the Brookstead before and/or after Worthing games...they always have a good selection of beers (don't think they like the football crowd though)

Apart from the Dover fans first game this season I think they’re ok with football fans, never heard them be anything than welcoming to the Worthing fans that go in there, or the away fans. Been plenty of times we’ve been there when fans of both teams on a match day have congregated and discussed all things football and beer.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Apart from the Dover fans first game this season I think they’re ok with football fans, never heard them be anything than welcoming to the Worthing fans that go in there, or the away fans. Been plenty of times we’ve been there when fans of both teams on a match day have congregated and discussed all things football and beer.

might have caught them on off days but a couple of times I've found the staff a bit tetchier when it's been rammed

I do understand though- it's very small and probably not easy to work somewhere that suddenly gets swamped with customers

I think I just noted a bit of a tone change between matchday and non-matchday....don't get me wrong it wasn't terrible and I'd definitely go again on the day of a game

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hare and Hounds is a very decent traditional pub, does very good freshly prepared food.

If you're lucky, you might see Richie Reynolds hosting a pub quiz.
Go to The H&H on a Wednesday night and you are SURE to see RR hosting a pub quiz

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea
Crabshack brilliant, Coast is great, does a superb club night as well as being a lovely bar cafe. Crudo's goat Tacos are to die for, and the wandering goose is a decent enough seafront ale house. Perch on the pier is an ace place to drink sundowners. Salsa viva has amazing Mexican good and long the road from there Rocking Horse Rocks cocktails. Kenny Tutt's places are very very good too. There's place called The Grape on Warwick street which has the best wine list in town and does brilliant sharing boards.

Worthing is fast becoming a great night out

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Crabshack brilliant, Coast is great, does a superb club night as well as being a lovely bar cafe. Crudo's goat Tacos are to die for, and the wandering goose is a decent enough seafront ale house. Perch on the pier is an ace place to drink sundowners. Salsa viva has amazing Mexican good and long the road from there Rocking Horse Rocks cocktails. Kenny Tutt's places are very very good too. There's place called The Grape on Warwick street which has the best wine list in town and does brilliant sharing boards.

Worthing is fast becoming a great night out
Never been to Crabshack, its financially well out of my league....was walking past there a short while back and these were the " Specials " .... Two of the cheapest fish in the sea, transformed....in to lots of cash..
fdb0541bcd735d63e0b272a15c10b7b4.jpg

Jul 7, 2003
Loads of great places to eat in Worthing these days across a wide range of cuisine. Efes was mentioned early - great value Turkish. New Persian restaurant is also getting very good reviews. Fiordilatte has great pizza at reasonable prices - much better than Pizza Express which is behind it.

Depending on where you are in West Worthing, the tapas place just North of the station is good. Just up the road is the Flour Pot bakery. Not been for a while but the two pubs in Tarring village have been reliable places to drink over the years. Plenty of decent cafes at either end of Goring Road and Georgi Finn is a a decent place to drink..

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Welcome to civilisation 😂

Restaurants
Town Centre
Casa Ciros
The Fat Greek
Kolbeh
China Palace
Imperial China
Calcutta 66
Fish Factory

Pubs Town Centre
Egremont
Corner House
Cow and Oak
Rose and Crown
Molotov
The Grape
Manuka
Hare and Hounds

Outskirts
Pubs
John Selden
The Cricketers (currently changing hands)
The Broadwater
George and Dragon
Village House Hotel Findon

Eating away from Town Centre
Shaffiques Goring Road
Spice I Am “ “
Nooris in Broadwater
Anaz Findon Valley

Best Carvery Goring Road
Best Breakfast Picnic Upper Brighton Road

But I am 58 😂

PS Best bakers is in Findon Valley

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
AMI Bistro is superb.

The Brewhouse pub/hotel is ok has a nice outside seating area and does a nice pint, a little bit expensive though. Food is a bit hit and miss.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've got an overnight stay in the grand Central for work, any good, reviews Indifferent..??

Find a new employer !!!

If it’s anything like the pub, it’ll be grim.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
After spending a good few years back in Hove we have bought a place in West Worthing (can't afford Hove!) and are moving later this week. Thought I'd tap up the vast NSC knowledge of all areas and see if there is any advice (accepting it will likely turn in to a moanfest about something completely unrelated by habitual thread disruptors)?

I've had a couple of evenings out to research a few pubs. I'd gladly take pub, restraurant, cafe, bakery and Curry House thoughts (all the important things) and also any local knowledge about where to perhaps avoid after dark! Any hidden gems and good places to go for a stroll, bike ride etc?

Thanks in advance

Cant offer any advice as I do not know the area but I wish you all the best with your retirement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here