[Albion] What's happened to Adam Webster.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Very good today. Not even a whiff of a mistake.
No, he made several errors in first half that may, or could have caused us problems of Villa were on the ball. I’m not trying to lynch the guy but equally not going to leave this statement unchallenged. He did ok.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
No, he made several errors in first half that may, or could have caused us problems of Villa were on the ball. I’m not trying to lynch the guy but equally not going to leave this statement unchallenged. He did ok.
Agreed. He defended well but misplaced several passes and also saved himself a couple of times with desperate lunges when losing control of the ball carrying out of defence. He's not skilled enough for de Zerbi ball. I prefer Igor.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Played well today. He's been such an important player in our Premier League journey.

Fully deserves a standing ovation & send off whether or not he plays v United on the 19th. Proved again today that he's always willing to give 110% for the club.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Agree.

He is good. Exactly the sort of leader we need on and off the pitch. And, there is even an argument he may be top 10 EPL level. But in terms of his ability to play DeZerbiball and his injury record, I’m just left cold.

He was fine today but come on folks, we faced the worst Villa performance of the season didn’t we? Our group of centre backs are missing elite pace and perhaps another left footer. Who would we swap out for a player with those attributes? Certainly not Dunk, Igor or Van Hecke.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Spot on. He won just about every encounter with Watkins who usually scores against us but was kept remarkably quiet today.
It wasn't till well into the second half that I realized Wally Oddkins was even on the pitch. :ohmy:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agree.

He is good. Exactly the sort of leader we need on and off the pitch. And, there is even an argument he may be top 10 EPL level. But in terms of his ability to play DeZerbiball and his injury record, I’m just left cold.

He was fine today but come on folks, we faced the worst Villa performance of the season didn’t we? Our group of centre backs are missing elite pace and perhaps another left footer. Who would we swap out for a player with those attributes? Certainly not Dunk, Igor or Van Hecke.
It's early days.

Webster hasn't been exposed to enough Zerbiball yet to decide if he can step up. I'm an optimist :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports