Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats everyone doing this New years?

The Guvnor

Dec 16, 2013
You staying at the F1?

I used to go to air and the custard factory every now and then, never had a bad night up there. F1 is perfect for that area and you can pretty much do what you want in the rooms :lolol:

I went to WHP a couple of weeks ago so we couldn't be arsed with any more missions, keeping it local at Audio which is a decent line up

Nah I'm staying at a pals up there.

Which night did you go to at WHP?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
First time I'm actually going to do something this year.

Going to a rave in Birmingham then on to hot since 82 and MK in Digbeth that starts at 2pm on new years day it is going to get evil !

:rave: jubilees

WHAT? Not going to watch the mighty Seagulls smash the Bournemouth Boobies....bad fan!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Bed early as you don't have Andy Stewart singing "A Scottish Soldier" at midnight on TV any more. Not to mention Jimmy Shand (but I just did).

only oldies like me will understand this.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Local pub. Personally can't stand NYE, but she who must be obeyed loves it. I'd be quite happy at home with a cup of cocoa and an early night.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's quite a difficult one to predict. This will be my second one in Berlin. My first started off watching a mates band, fireworks and schapps in Prenz then off to quite a crazy electro evening in a place called West Germany and ended up at 8pm on New Years Day on top of a tower block dancing to Richie Hawtin and Ricardo Villalobos. That was quite a night I can tell you.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Bed early as you don't have Andy Stewart singing "A Scottish Soldier" at midnight on TV any more. Not to mention Jimmy Shand (but I just did).

only oldies like me will understand this.

Donald, where's your troosers? - just to show my age.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Babysitting my Grand Daughter.

No, really.

What's wrong with that - I'd be quite happy to..... babysit my granddaughter that is, not yours.

As for us - just having a few friends round. if it was up to me, I wouldn't bother. Time is an artificial concept, and so NYE fairly meaningless, particularly when it happens at different times in different places.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Time is an artificial concept, and so NYE fairly meaningless, particularly when it happens at different times in different places.

Indeed. NYE 2007 we spent in The Bahamas, and they did the whole "Happy New Year" thing three times; once at midnight in an American time zone for the Yanks, once at midnight in the UK for the Brits and finally at midnight local time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here