Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats Brighton Famous for?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I didn't think Jordan was from Brighton.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Has to be the Royal Pavillion - the first ever building to have under-floor heating and a fashion leader in Trompe'Loil and Chinoiserie (Probably spelt wrong). Also famous for Dr Russell's Sea Water cure.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm sure I've read somewhere that Freshfield Road has the longest line of elm trees along a road anywhere in the world.

realfan

Nov 29, 2006
Now beat this Statistic:

According to the Boho Britain creativity index developed by United States economic regeneration expert Richard Florida, the city of Brighton and Hove ranks sixth amongst the largest 40 of 66 British cities when measured against the three criteria of his creativity index

:rolleyes: not sure if its anything significant but sounds really cool! :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
taking facking ages over all forms of town planning

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
according to lauro,real football fans,and on top of that you have a cosmopolitan population,good decent,reliable people who don't judge others for their sexuality,religion,but do dislike palarse supporters.

immensely

:cool:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
85586013_ecc2e70013_m.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
nimby.gif

notinmy.gif

:nono:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you're referring to the NIMBY thing with that, I wasn't specifically thinking of the Albion, although we still faced plenty of opposition from people in Brighton to us moving back to the city.

I meant generally. Other towns and cities are constantly evolving, and regenerating themselves with spectacular new projects.

While in Brighton, you can't build so much as a wendy house without some miserable old bastard complaining that it will ruin his view, deprive him of light, create noise and pollution, encourage anti-social behaviour and sexual deviance, AND spoil the Regency skyline of the city (yes, the Regency skyline that features, among other things, such Regency splendour as the Kingswest, the Brighton Centre, Embassy Court and the Thistle hotel).

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Its proximity to Portslade,a majestic harbour town which has its own town hall opposite Victoria Park.

Also the deliberate wrecking of the Athena B which was lured ashore by false lights and its freight of Brandy and cigarettes stolen ashore by the old smugglers footpath near Marine Parade.

The anchor was never found,so a replica was bought from Brighton Station boot sale and erected to the memory of the 300 women and children who never found room in the life boats,and therefore disappeared from history.

Brighton is also famous for the Lanes,where modern day pirates lurk to part the innocent from their purses,or the contents thereof.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here