Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What’s best for a bacon sandwich? Streaky or back?

Well?

• I’m backing back!

Votes: 107 70.4%
  • The streak shall inherit the earth!

Votes: 45 29.6%

• Total voters

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not judging you.
I am a pescatarian so fish finger sarnie for me.
I'm not, but a decent fish finger sarnie is hard to beat

FWLIW, streaky should be thin and crispy . . .back thick cut and juicy.
Unsalted butter yes, sauce no.

unless its shit bacon And needs masking.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bacon is goooood…. I think someone should start a thread on things you are just not going to give up

Last edited:

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Nice try, but of all things veggie, veggie 'bacon' is simply the pits. If you want to be veggie, then giving up bacon sandwiches is the first pre-requisite - you'll never have another one, or anything remotely like it.
I would agree except La Vie vegan bacon is absolutely delicious and tastes a lot like real bacon.

This isn't bacon is also really nice but less realistic.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oooh, do Waitrose have their own line of nitrite free bacon? They seem to have stopped stocking the Naked streaky in the Lewes & Hailsham branches and the back just won't do for a decent bacon sandwich!
Yes and it's the dogs bollocks.

( well technically pig )

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But, the nitrates?
funny thing nitrites, considered healthy when you get them from spinach or lettace, or prescribed for blood pressure, bad when from bacon. :shrug:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
My favourite is Middle Bacon, which gives you the best of both worlds, a flavour somewhere between Back and Streaky and an eye from the back of the pig and a fattier tail from the belly. Price wise it is pitched between them but not as widely available as it used to be.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm amazed that back is winning over streaky??? There's nothing like 2/3 slices of well crisped up streaky bacon, some red onion inside a well buttered, fresh bread sandwich with your sauce of choice added - in fact, I'm salivating just thinking about it so I'm off to the kitchen to prepare and consume a sandwich precisely as described right now!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This is really easy ....

Back Bacon (Cooked not crispy)
HP Sauce
Crispy Roll
Proper Butter

x2

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is molasses cured bacon from Macknade. Grilled with scrambled egg. No sauces needed. I can't eat wheat or butter any more. Gluten free bread is stupidly expensive if you want anything vaguely edible, so sarnies are out.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
But, the nitrates?

Naked Bacon or the Waitrose version which I assume comes from the same Irish farm or they are using a similar process. It was featured on that Channel 4 Food Unwrapped thing.

I bought it "by accident" but it's better, especially the streaky.

It goes crisp but doesn't go so crisp that crumbles into dust.

I don't buy anything else because I prefer it to anything else.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oooh, do Waitrose have their own line of nitrite free bacon? They seem to have stopped stocking the Naked streaky in the Lewes & Hailsham branches and the back just won't do for a decent bacon sandwich!

LN_605927_BP_11.jpg[img]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here