Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Whatever it is I’m against it.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Teenage girls that have their mobile phones hanging out their back pockets, is it a fashion thing? Actually, it's a Christmas come early thing for pick pockets, and i've got no sympathy for anyone that has them nicked!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Said it before, will say it again;

A ponytail has never, ever, ever IMPROVED a man.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Smart cars, vegan "burgers", man buns, Michael Owen, most of the people who use Victoria Station during rush hour, anyone who ends every sentence with a high intonation like an annoying Aussie, people who walk diagionally, middle class white kids who speak MLE, Mills and Boon, avacodos, people who put their bag next to them on a train seat during rush hour (special hatred for anyone doing this using a Priority Seat), the hot dogs at The Amex, people who call North Laine "the north lanes", clickbait and pop ups, Five USA, Ed Sheeran and coconuts.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Forces of anarchy: wreckers of law and order. Communists, Maoists, Trotskyists, neo-Trotskyists, crypto-Trotskyists, union leaders, Communist union leaders, atheists, agnostics, long-haired weirdos, short-haired weirdos, vandals, hooligans, football supporters, namby- pamby probation officers, rapists, papists, papist rapists, foreign surgeons - headshrinkers, who ought to be locked up, Wedgwood Benn, keg bitter, punk rock, glue- sniffers, Play For Today, squatters, Clive Jenkins, Roy Jenkins, Up Jenkins, up everybody's, Chinese restaurants - why do you think Windsor Castle is ringed with Chinese restaurants?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Smart cars, vegan "burgers", man buns, Michael Owen, most of the people who use Victoria Station during rush hour, anyone who ends every sentence with a high intonation like an annoying Aussie, people who walk diagionally, middle class white kids who speak MLE, Mills and Boon, avacodos, people who put their bag next to them on a train seat during rush hour (special hatred for anyone doing this using a Priority Seat), the hot dogs at The Amex, people who call North Laine "the north lanes", clickbait and pop ups, Five USA, Ed Sheeran and coconuts.

Now, are you sure that covers absolutely everything? L mean, l wouldn't want you to leave anything out? :rolleyes:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Vocalists not articulating the lyrics.

I think you mean enunciating.

I hate pedants.

In the truer sense of the thread:

Steam punk
Comedians described as ‘edgy’
Corporate spin - if internal tell staff the truth, trust them with the reality, of external you’re kidding no one
Opposite gender film re-boots; all female Ghostbusters, Oceans 11. What next, Mean men? [before anyone jumps at me I have no issue with all female casts just the concept of re-doing something that already worked to re-dress balance. Be original and creative and if it’s good enough they will be commercially successful. Just a thought!]

Last edited:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
TV presenters who echo what their interviewee has just said.

“And then the landlord came round and said that if I didn’t pay up he send someone round to beat me up.”

“What, he said if you didn’t pay up he’d send someone to beat you up?”

“Yes.”

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Male contestants on Pointless who stand in the at-ease position (hands behind backs; feet apart) and then when they’re spoken to, they’ll rock from side to side like a chiming bell.

And the ones that don’t usually start their statements with ‘So I...”

For this reason I no longer watch the show. Well, that and because it’s padded out with too much chat and not enough quizzing.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
As the great man said...

Men with Pony tails or those earrings where they make your earlobes go funny.

I had a lad came for a job, and he took the aforementioned earrings out, kindest thing I could say where that his ears looked like a wizards sleeve, funnily enough he was unsuccessful in his application.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If I request 'a coffee', I want a coffee.

Not a further set of 23 options.

Only 23!!

So do you want a:

Black Coffee
Coffee with cream or milk (If you select milk there will be another list of milk options)
Coffee with sugar
Expresso
Cold brew coffee
Filtered
French Press coffee
Iced coffee
Moka
Percolated coffee
Vacuum coffee

Espresso Variants

Caffe Gommosa – An espresso poured over a single marshmallow.
Café Con Hielo – The iced coffee version of espresso with 50 ml of espresso served over ice.
Cortado – An espresso cut with a small amount of warm milk to reduce the acidity.
Doppio – A double shot of espresso served in a demitasse cup.
Espresso con panna – Coffee made with whipped cream.
Espresso Romano – A shot of espresso served with a slice of lemon on the side.
Guillermo – Two shots of hot espresso poured over lime slices, sometimes served on ice.
Lungo – The opposite of the Ristretto, this drink is made with more water.
Ristretto – Espresso made with the same amount of coffee but half the amount of water.

Milk or Water Added

Antoccino – A single shot of espresso served with steamed milk in a 1:1 ratio.
Breve – Espresso served with half milk and half cream.
Caffe Americano – An espresso drink where hot water is added to espresso creating a coffee similar in strength but different in taste to regular drip coffee.
Cafe au lait – Strong coffee made with scalded milk in a 1:1 ratio.
Cafe Zorro – A double shot of espresso added to water using a 1:1 ratio.
Cappuccino – Espresso made with hot milk and steamed milk foam.
Espressino – A drink made from espresso, steamed milk and cocoa powder.
Flat White – An espresso made similar to a latte only with textured milk.
Latte – Espresso made with steamed milk in a 1:3 to 1:5 ratio with a little foam.
Macchiato – An espresso made with a small amount of foamed milk, similar to a cappuccino only stronger.
Vienna Coffee – Coffee or espresso made with whipped cream with milk added on some occasions.

Around the World

Black tie – A double shot of espresso combined with traditional Thai iced coffee and sweetened condensed milk.
Cafe Bombon – Popularized in Spain, this drink is an espresso made with sweetened condensed milk.
Cafe Cubano – Originally from Cuba, this coffee drink is an espresso that has demerara sugar added.
Caffe Creama – A long espresso drink primarily served in Switzerland, Austria, and northern Italy beginning in the 1980s.
Ca phe sua da – A coffee drink originated in Vietnam that literally means “iced milk coffee. ” It is made by mixing black coffee with a quarter to a half as much sweetened condensed milk and poured over ice.
Egg coffee – A Vietnamese drink made with egg yolks, sugar, condensed milk and Robusta coffee.
Eiskaffee – A German drink made with iced coffee and vanilla ice cream.
Galao – Originating in Portugal, this drink is an espresso mixed with foamed milk and served in a tall glass.
Irish Coffee – Coffee combined with whiskey and cream and sometimes sweetened with sugar.
Kopi susu – Coffee made with sweetened condensed milk that is then allowed to cool so the grounds sink to the bottom of the glass.
Turkish Coffee – A traditional coffee drink served in the Middle East, fine ground coffee is immersed in water allowing maximum foam to form (also called Greek coffee).

A Little Something Extra

Bulletproof Coffee – 1 cup black coffee, 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp coconut oil blended until creamy
Chai Latte – Espresso mixed with spiced tea and steamed milk.
Liqueur Coffee – Coffee brewed with 25ml shot of liqueur. Sometimes served with cream.
Mocha – Sometimes called a cafe mocha, it is similar to a latte only chocolate syrup is added.

And that's all before one shot, extra shot, extra hot........

Now what was you order?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Male contestants on Pointless who stand in the at-ease position (hands behind backs; feet apart) and then when they’re spoken to, they’ll rock from side to side like a chiming bell.

And the ones that don’t usually start their statements with ‘So I...”

For this reason I no longer watch the show. Well, that and because it’s padded out with too much chat and not enough quizzing.

Re the padding out, they can defo do away with the intro, where we learn what they do for a living, what their hobbies are, or a 'funny' anecdote. No-one cares, just get on with the ruddy quiz!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I had a lad came for a job, and he took the aforementioned earrings out, kindest thing I could say where that his ears looked like a wizards sleeve, funnily enough he was unsuccessful in his application.

Surprised you didn't call him a nazi.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
People who play gotcha with newspapers for daring to have columnists with differing opinions. Private Eye used to do this a lot and most likely still do. As if the Mail or Guardian is an individual entity that should be consistent.

They’ll compare two op-eds by two different writers and say, ho-ho, so one minute you think we should shut the borders over Corona Virus and the next you think that we should keep calm and carry on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here