Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whatever happened to the bloke with the big boom box who used to walked round town ?

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
10p was a former Grenadier Guardsman.

There was a very tall guy always smartly dressed in black trousers and black roll neck shirt with short dark hair, and nicely buffed shiny black army style boots who pretty much slow marched around the Top Rank Suite every time I was in there. He always half swung one of his arms as if marching (albeit slowly) and the hand of the other always partially rested in the waist band of his trousers when it wasn't carrying a pint.

Same guy? Sound like him? I always wondered who he was and where he might have come from. Totally incongruous bloke and I don't think I ever saw anyone talking to him.

I'm pretty sure I saw your man minus stick on Thursday shuffling along the path above the marina as if on an Antarctic expedition. Haven't seen him for 3 or 4 years glad he's still about.

Is the Boom box man White Noise Man?

Still see him about,seemed to pass him up at stamner quite a bit,saw him about a week ago. Could be a new walker difficult to tell when you can't see his face!

Going way back to the '70's whenever I was with my parents on a day out in the Worthing area (or going the long way round to the West Country), which wasn't often, we always used to see an elderly immaculately dressed gent on a bike sedately cycling along the A27. He often gave a "Royal Wave" to pedestrians and passing cars.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Going way back to the '70's whenever I was with my parents on a day out in the Worthing area (or going the long way round to the West Country), which wasn't often, we always used to see an elderly immaculately dressed gent on a bike sedately cycling along the A27. He often gave a "Royal Wave" to pedestrians and passing cars.

This bloke?

bec75w.jpg

There is a thread on here about him somewhere... Always remember seeing him by the Broadwater roundabout when I was a kid

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
This bloke?

bec75w.jpg

There is a thread on here about him somewhere... Always remember seeing him by the Broadwater roundabout when I was a kid

Horace Duke. There's a thread about him once every few years or so, it never gets any less heartwarming.

If the OP is talking about tracksuit man, he was in his usual haunt between Kensington Gardens and Street last week. I've also seen him watching a game in the North. Haven't seen him carrying the boombox for ages.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Whatever happened to the bloke with the big boom box who used to walked round town ?

Kemy Agustien? We dumped him on to Danish 1st Division club Vendsyssel FF :wave:

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
What about the tall scruffy fella with a beard always around the Lanes and East Street, he would say `have you got a penny mate`. Mid eighties!Great vibe in the town! Days of the `West Streeters`,Brighton Army and the UNF firms.Great days!.always something going on and some great lads and characters!

Jul 7, 2003
The current roaming character in Brighton is the man who flies around the town centre squares daily on his bike with Christmas lights and music blaring. Long hair, I think he's Jesus.

That sounds like the one I saw on New years Day. Won't last until Easter though if he keeps on playing chicken with buses and the taxis like he was then.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
A stick not sure if its the same one

If its "scott of the antarctic" i.e. the bloke with the snorkel parka done up to the top and with the rucksack on his back, the hiking boots and thick mountaineering gloves hw SOMETIMES has a stick when i see him marching around the coldean lane/old boat corner/hollingbury golf course area.

That guy is a machine. he goes about like that in the middle of summer

If its "scott of the antarctic" i.e. the bloke with the snorkel parka done up to the top and with the rucksack on his back, the hiking boots and thick mountaineering gloves hw SOMETIMES has a stick when i see him marching around the coldean lane/old boat corner/hollingbury golf course area.

That guy is a machine. he goes about like that in the middle of summer[/QUOTE
Thats the fella!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
What happened to the guy who begged in St James St asked for Ten pence and if you gave him a pound would get annoyed.

He said 10p to me in the street and I said, yes please... it really threw him.
Later, we used to play at the Alhambra in the basement. He used to come in every 30 or 40 mins, buy a beer, and go out again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here