Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whatever became of ex-Albion apprentices from 1970s and 1980s?

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Mark Nye worked at Amex always thought he had eye make up on. He was good crack and the story of the shampoo bottle was true he also said an ex employee used to leave his office door open to watch the guys in the showers.:ffsparr: no names.!

Aye, worked in the Amex mailroom with him. Always looked a bit too Marc Almond for my liking!!

Jan 14, 2008
Windsor ontario
Played with Frankie Fraser on a great Sunday league team " James lytle.
Darren freeman...Gerry Armstrong played aswell as a load of quality county league players.
He was doing some sort of insurance for legal and general I think back in the mid 90s
Great bloke !

Best line from him ever during a disagreement with a player from another team " I've go something in the back of my car and it pumps, do you want me to show you "

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Mark Nye. Utter legend of the clubbing scene in the 80's. allegedly pissed in Mullers shampoo bottle whilst an apprentice. Was a big player at Worthing during their success in the early 80's with Edmonds, Cornwall, Rainsford, etc. reasonable at Horsham, Burgess Hill etc afterwards. During the early 80's, every birds bogs in the town had 'I've shagged Mark Nye' in lippy on the mirror!
Was the lucky recipient of a black blow up doll on his 21st birthday!

Lock up your daughters. Here's Mark Nye.

mark_nye.jpg

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Mark Nye worked at Amex always thought he had eye make up on. He was good crack and the story of the shampoo bottle was true he also said an ex employee used to leave his office door open to watch the guys in the showers.:ffsparr: no names.!

yes and how that never got made more public, i'll never know!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jack Dinnen was talking about Garry Nelsons goal at Brentford on Twitter the other night

I think I saw that. Wondered if it was the same- he seems to have, er, filled out a bit.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bradley Wosahlo.

sweetmagee

Aug 16, 2010

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just stumbled across this thread, Steve Breach had a spell at Margate in the 1970's and played well into his 40's before a quite bizarre ending to his career. Profile on my site at http://www.margatefchistory.com/stevebreach.shtml

That's brilliant. Thanks.

Steve is my cousin, and I'm really looking forward to his 60th birthday party in January.

Incredibly, there's things in that article I wasn't aware of!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It was nice to see young mark recently he has not changed much. I think he managed A Brighton Sunday league side for a while.i did check my Shampoo bottle.:facepalm:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I used to work with a lady who provided digs for young Albion apprentices - this is back in the late 80's [I was working at International Factors]

These would have been lads who had been scouted from out of the area and bought in - probably 16-21 year olds.
The only name I can remember is Stuart Munday and I can't remember her name but for the lads, she was their Albion "mum".

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
I used to work with a lady who provided digs for young Albion apprentices - this is back in the late 80's [I was working at International Factors]

These would have been lads who had been scouted from out of the area and bought in - probably 16-21 year olds.
The only name I can remember is Stuart Munday and I can't remember her name but for the lads, she was their Albion "mum".

Sue Huffer ?

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Yes it was - I played (badly) in the same Chesworth Rovers team as him, his dad used to give him 50p per goal and he scored loads. Greedy bugger.
I used to play for Chesworth Rovers (very badly) but I was year below Franco at Forest and don't think I played with him, my team had Jason Cheater. Maybe we know each other?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Paul Gent broke my 11 year old football heart by leading Moulscoomb to a 4-3 Baker Cup final win against my Westdene team, 1975. We led 3-1 at HT and I'm sure he scored at least one.

Jack Dineen was seeing (and messing about) our secretary when I worked at SDG in Queens Square 1997-ish. He was always getting into scrapes, mostly of his own volition (allegedly).

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here