Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What??? You're going to spend more money!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't know the answer to this but say a club ignored FFP and then blatantly ignored any penalties and/or legally challenged the Football League; if that club were subsequently relegated from the Premier League the the new few seasons could the Football League deny them a position in the Football League altogether, or maybe bring in rules in to have them relegated one or two more divisions?

It's easy to stick two fingers up to the FL on the up but eventually one of these clubs is going to find themselves in the bottom three of the PL.

Do you think the spineless FL will turn around to say QPR and say.." You broke the rules...go and play in the conference"

It will never happen.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
my mate who supports Leeds has been saying that for 3 years...and it never happens

Indeed. My 'inside knowledge' from the Leeds training ground is that promised funds that never appear are the cause of much dissatisfaction, and very nearly led to McDermott walking in the summer.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
My main beef with Forest and Davies is by giving this interview to the BBC they show they act as if FFP just doesn't exist.

Everyone knows how much they have spent this season already, so by saying they are going to spend more, they might as well just drop their trousers and show their arse to the Football League.

If the FL are serious about this they should be investigating their finances NOW

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Do you think the spineless FL will turn around to say QPR and say.." You broke the rules...go and play in the conference"

It will never happen.

Assuming QPR don't get promoted, they have a transfer embargo. They cannot sign anyone, simple as. How do you think they will get around that. It wouldn't come to that though. The clubs have agreed the process democratically. If you don't abide by the rules then you don't play.

My main beef with Forest and Davies is by giving this interview to the BBC they show they act as if FFP just doesn't exist.

Everyone knows how much they have spent this season already, so by saying they are going to spend more, they might as well just drop their trousers and show their arse to the Football League.

If the FL are serious about this they should be investigating their finances NOW

FFP penalties aren't due until Dec next year so what can they do now? I very much suspect they are monitoring clubs but cna't do anything until next year. Let's see what happens then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here