Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What would you rather have been………..

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Rock star, but without any of the naughty stuff or excesses - purely for the satisfaction of being able to do something creative successfully. Always fancied being a bass guitarist - like Jack Bruce.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Footballer

Mostly because I will not ever accept that Nickelback might have had a point

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Rock star. Footballers knees and joints worn out..rock star other parts of the body, hopefully, worn out, other sorts of joints and alchohol allowed!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I love playing football. Absolutely love it. I'm shit at it but I still get unreasonable amounts of joy from a nice shot into the corner or winning a header.

Despite having a dad who plays and teaches guitar, a mum who used to be the events organiser at an arts centre and could play piano to a decent standard, and a brother who has worked as a sound engineer with household names and is a bassist in a band I cannot play a note and I cannot sing in tune.

So it's footballer for me without a question. It wouldn't have been a job but every day having fun and getting paid for it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Rock star. Much longer career and just a more interesting job. Meeting more diverse people than you ever would playing football. I used to love singing in bands. If I could have made a career out of it, I would have done. Three years in a touring band with little success was enough. But the life of a successful rock star? Different story.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Neither.

I remember telling my daughter at the age of about 12 when she wanted to be rich and famous, that the real secret is to become rich and not famous. I have played football for 55 years and music for 50 years. Had some brilliant times and great experiences doing both and have had the pleasure to play with some very talented people who became really good mates, although in my experience you can play music of an increasing standard far longer than you can football.

But fame ? Not for me thanks, happy to do it for fun :thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well I think as the successful careers of Hoddle and Waddle have shown you can be both.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Difficult question, I played double bass in a band aged 19-22 but preferred just being at a gig, and not having the stress of a gig, staying sober(ish)

Football, I played for the school team and kept Russell Beadsmore out the team for a few games, but I was nowhere near as good as him.

Music means more to me than football if I had to choose, I’ve made far more friends and traveled around the world, having said that to have the talent required to be a professional footballer and play for your hometown club, if that’s the case….

Football

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Neither.

I remember telling my daughter at the age of about 12 when she wanted to be rich and famous, that the real secret is to become rich and not famous. I have played football for 55 years and music for 50 years. Had some brilliant times and great experiences doing both and have had the pleasure to play with some very talented people who became really good mates, although in my experience you can play music of an increasing standard far longer than you can football.

But fame ? Not for me thanks, happy to do it for fun [emoji106]
The drummer from Coldplay has it good.

https://youtu.be/gsmuV7wLCl8

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Rock star . . . Kind of.

Musician or more specifically a working bass player.

Don't need the stardom but would love to have made money out of playing bass.

Turns out you have to practice and learn more.

I have been playing for 35 years and played my first arpeggio last week.

Self taught . . . Sort of.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Being a top headliner DJ for me, had a small taste in my early twenties working a every night residency and used to do sets at clubs. Sadly I blew which could of been a break by being to cocky to call back a Kiss FM promoter. I had a great time and some great memories so all good.

Listening to some of these so called big name DJ’s earning a fortune today quite a few aren’t even that good which makes me think I could of achieved it. Glad I had a trade to fall back on otherwise I’m not sure what I would of done.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Cricketer - standing in a field in Barbados for five hours a day doing sod all as opposed to the two options of getting beer thrown at you from your so called fans or gettting lumps kicked out of you on a freezing cold day in Burnley

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Difficult question, I played double bass in a band aged 19-22 but preferred just being at a gig, and not having the stress of a gig, staying sober(ish)

Football, I played for the school team and kept Russell Beadsmore out the team for a few games, but I was nowhere near as good as him.

Music means more to me than football if I had to choose, I’ve made far more friends and traveled around the world, having said that to have the talent required to be a professional footballer and play for your hometown club, if that’s the case….

Football

Music means much more to me as well and I also prefer to be a consumer but a dream would be to have a Rough Trade style record shop where I can obviously flog (and listen to) vinyl all day but also have a perfomance space where I can put on shows. The Brooklyn Rough Trade had a seperate room with a small wrap-around mezzanine where they put on shows. I'd also install an expensive coffee machine, beer pump and ask [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] to curate the wine cellar.You can look after the rock and roll, rocka/psychobilly stuff but I'll leave the Beatles section to someone else. [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] will take on most other music sections. We might even make some money.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Doing something with Hawkwind back in 1973 - they wouldn't have noticed if I was doing f.. all except watching Stacia... :love:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Rock star, but without any of the naughty stuff or excesses - purely for the satisfaction of being able to do something creative successfully. Always fancied being a bass guitarist - like Jack Bruce.

Or John Wetton / John Paul Jones? Obviously NOT Lemmy...

This has ballsed up my morning as I now have to listen to all 3 rather than doing any work! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here