Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What would you prefer next season?

Given the following choices which would YOU prefer?

• In the Championship but romp the league next season by 12 points

Votes: 64 34.0%
  • Continue the same poor form and yet again struggle at the foot of PL

Votes: 124 66.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oh do piss off!

i take it you are one of the deluded fans who wont even contemplate relegation until its a mathematical certainty? Im trying actually to put a positive spin on facing the possibility if we go down the football should be better!

I agree.

The question is horrible leading.

Our form isn't poor (in most respects)

If I was going to give an answer it would be that I want us to be as high as we possibly can.

The fact that there are Albion fans who want us to be relegated so we can win more games beggars belief to me. The point of playing in a league is to get as high as you can. Get up off you knees anyone who voted for us to go down ... and OP, if you are Palace, then kindly f*** off

NOWHERE do i say i WANT us to be relegated. But after 4 years of struggling, maybe, just maybe, a few fans might prefer us winning week in week out. Oh and by the way TAKE A LOOK AT THE CURRENT standing in the poll - its virtually 50/50

Even if we got relegated and had the good fortune to bounce back at the first attempt we'd be in a worse position than we are now.

I think if we stay up it is unlikely next season will be a dismal dogfight, as per 2018/19. It might be a dogfight but under Potter we will have our moments. Personally, I think we've got a lot right with the squad, we just need effective forwards.

THANK YOU for a well balanced and genuine fans' response to the poll.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
It took us 78 years to reach the pinnacle , after just 4 years in the top flight we had to wait another 34 to get back , so what do YOU think !? .

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
TB gets most things right but his complete blindness about strikers is a worry. He allowed Gus to bin Murray and his recruitment teams inability to get a striker of PL quality is a massive failure. I guess he knows this though and if we do go down he will be more gutted than any of us :shrug:

Nobody is perfect

After all these years we have been desperate for a top striker it amazes me that a genius businessman can have got it so wrong on such a massive scale . Everything else he touches he gets right ???

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Someone said the OP was palace , if true we definitely have to stay up so we can keep totally out playing you . And next season when ( with a map compass and flashlight ) find the bloody goal , you`ll wish you`re in the Championship !:lolol::albion2:

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
we have to be in the PL. Relegation could set us back years especially in this time when money could get tighter.

Also losing Potter would be disastrous

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
After all these years we have been desperate for a top striker it amazes me that a genius businessman can have got it so wrong on such a massive scale . Everything else he touches he gets right ???

Have you not been following his horses lately\?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If we go down (and I don't think we will, although I'm starting to get a bit worried) we're far more likely to do a Norwich than a Sunderland. We'll keep the manager (like Norwich) and most of the squad. There won't be nearly as many megabuck offers for our players as some fantasists seem to think. One or two maybe - plus hopefully we can get rid of one or two we don't want (cough: AJ) - and we've got lots of youngsters who are well up to top Championship standard who we can develop with first team experience.
TBH, our chances of coming straight back up (should we go down) are far greater than our chances of actually going down in the fist place.

Agree with most of this. Clubs that keep the manager they were relegated with tend to do ok. Dyche and Benitez took Burnley and Newcastle down and both won the Championship at first attempt, and Norwich are odds-on to continue that trend.

We’ll get bids that we can’t refuse for 2-3 players, but players from relegated squads tend not to be in that much demand - they got relegated for a reason - so the squad probably wouldn’t look much different and would certainly be stronger on paper (particularly in-depth) than we were in 16/17.

Bit I disagree about is that I think that Ali J would be a very useful player at Championship level.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Stay in the Prem obviously (and hope the board can finally address the striker situation).

If we romp the Championship, there's nothing to suggest we wouldn't be struggling in the first season back in the Prem. So why would anyone prefer relegation? All that will do is put the club back a season.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
You’ve got to think of the long term. Even if we romped the championship by 12 points, which won’t happen anyway, we’re basically still starting again from square one coming back up to the premier league. Which is where we want to be long term.

Four years of growth ruined, and we’ll be fighting for our survival all over again anyway, if we’d lucky enough to come straight back up.
This has always been my theory.

Lose £100m+;
Lose 3 or 4 of your best players;
Try to tempt good players to come to a Championship club, which doesn't pay top wages;
Compete with 6 or 8 top clubs for 2 positions, or a lucky dip in the playoffs;
If you get promoted, try to rebuild.

Alternatively, make every effort to stay up, and develop from a position of strength.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What I would like next season is for the undercover Palace fans to be banned

what i would like TODAY is idiots like you to stop accusing NSC fans of being trolls .it only takes one person to bully another with unfounded malicious comments like that to bring NSC to its knees. Ive read several posts from others on here this year that have resulted in genuine fans leaving the site due to this. ITS CYBER BULLYING - STOP IT NOW!

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I do not want us to go down. It's clear we're just a few ingredients away from something special. If we go down, there's no chance we'll keep this squad and a rebuild would be so costly. Staying in the league is a must, then shipping off some dead wood and signing someone who can score in the summer has to happen or we will be constantly hoping for 3 worse teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here