Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would you do?

AlbionFan

Aug 14, 2003
Sompting
If you knew before we sold Bobby that we would sign Leon Knight and also pocket £1.5 million, would you be happy to see Bobby go?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
No !!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If the 1.5m all went on transfer funds I think it would considerably sofen the blow.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
SC made it clear pre-season that he wanted the Zamora situation
sorted quickly and reading between the lines, he accepted that it was time for him to move on.

An unhappy BZ or a livewire Knight, is a really easy choice.

After the last few games of last season it was clear BZ had lost interest and if I'd known just how good Knight was I'd have been
happy for Bobby to try himself at a higher level and a new hero to step forward at Withdean

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think the situation has been resolved to the benefit of all parties involved including we, the fans.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
If 500k had been spent on transfer it would've softened the blow... even 250k, or how about 100k?

But I can't contain happiness at prospect of Knight signing now... we need to own the key players in our team. I guess there must be a (small) fee involved with Chelsea?

If Coppell can continue to pick up players like this tho, it does soften the blow of money not bein spent.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Rich Suvner said:
If 500k had been spent on transfer it would've softened the blow... even 250k, or how about 100k?

But I can't contain happiness at prospect of Knight signing now... we need to own the key players in our team. I guess there must be a (small) fee involved with Chelsea?

If Coppell can continue to pick up players like this tho, it does soften the blow of money not bein spent.

I really don't understand how football fans can still come out with these views.

Football today, especially at our level, is not all about transfer fees. The headline figure - be it £100,000 or £30m is only part of the cost of the player. If we signed 5 players for £300k each - just how would we pay them and their signing on fees?

AlbionFan

Aug 14, 2003
Sompting
I know it's early days yet but Knight could score a similar amount to Bobby. I just feel that Henderson may not be the right partner for him.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Sun this morning reckons the fee for Knight will be £100,000.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here