Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what would you do with our midfield

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
for all the moaners, and anyone else for that matter, your chance to tell everyone what you'd do to our midfield. most people agree its the area of most weakness.
who would you play, and what tactics would you deploy...

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
Piercy's a winger isn't he.

Rodger and Carpenter is the best partnership we've got but both seem to be well out of sorts at present.

E.P. Sam

Sep 6, 2003
I don't think much needs to be changed - Coppell just needs to give them all a rather large kick up the arse.

Rodger was our best player last season in my opinion and Carpenter is more than capable of being a top class midfielder in Division 2 - unfortunately they're both playing like blind Albanians at the moment. My midfield:

Hart Chippy Rodger Piercy

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Our best 11:

Excluding Blackwell.
Code:
                      Roberts
       Watson   Hinshelwood   Cullip   Mayo
     Hart     Carpenter     Rodger     Jones
              Knight     Henderson

They just need a kick up the bottom and a bit of time. I do think Piercy should take any of those midfield positions should any of them slack.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Hart Carpenter Rodger Jones

I'd rather have Rodger in, for now at least, for his experience etc. If we're having problems getting our arses into gear I think you need that older head around.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Turkey said:
Our best 11:

Excluding Blackwell.
Code:
                      Roberts
       Watson   Hinshelwood   Cullip   Mayo
     Hart     Carpenter     Rodger     Jones
              Knight     Henderson

They just need a kick up the bottom and a bit of time. I do think Piercy should take any of those midfield positions should any of them slack.

Henderson in our best 11???
Now things rearly are bad:lolol: :lolol: :drink:

Blue and White

Jul 5, 2003
We need to add an attacking midfielder: someone who will score goals and link the centre witht the attack - and not leave a gap of 30 or 40 yards between the midlfield and the two stirkers. It's stating the obvious but those hoofed balls to Leon and Darious are pointless - give Leon the ball on the ground and he is one of the most skillful players we have had for years.

How much difference did STEVE SIDWELL, PAUL BROOKER or JUNIOR LEWIS make to our sides?

Maybe the naswer is Piercy, I don't know (find it odd that he seems to have impressed with his last two sub appearances then dropped for Tuesday: something is going on.)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A midget, upfront, three out of four midgets in midfield. No wonder the opposing goalkeeper lofts the ball up, and Steve Coppell prefers Ben Roberts to Michel Kuipers, because his distribution is better.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS: a midget Manager as well. Maybe we could use mini-bus instead of a coach.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Jonah is the only creative midfielder playing at the moment. Piercy WILL create if given the chance

Hart Carpenter Piercy Jones

Charlie on the bench - been really disappointed with Rodger so far this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here