What would you do if you found an away fan in the home stand???

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What would you do if you found an away fan in the home stand???

I sat next to one in the WSL. Fortunately he was not a seventies throw back and sentimentalist nutcase any who wanted any trouble (and way too old to even consider agro). He was a nice chap. Football in the 21st century eh? Who'd ave thank it?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Buy him/her a 3 for £7 deal, make them feel at home :)

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
The question is would other clubs tolerate this?? I doubt it!
Millwall, Leeds, Chelsea etc would have skinned him alive! Now I'm not saying that this is the answer but may explain the poor support from some supporters at times!
Unless you saw it I can't see how you could comment, the guy was acting like a complete tosser jumping up and down and pumping his fists. Is this really acceptable?
I happen to know that the stewards were approached about the matter but chose not to act which is strange given the fact that they dish out threats of eviction for simply standing and supporting your OWN team!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Moved over to the East this season and there have been away fans in my vicinity every single game so far

No...it just seems that they are away fans because they don't know any Albion songs and have Man Utd. Tattoos.

Thems are called JCLs.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Unless you saw it I can't see how you could comment, the guy was acting like a complete tosser jumping up and down and pumping his fists. Is this really acceptable?
!

Jumping up and down and pumping your fists is an acceptable way of celebrating a goal. As long as he wasn't giving it the come on I really don't see the problem. Most sports don't have crowd segregation and it doesn't seem to cause an issue.

Last edited:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Someone will correct me I'm sure but is it ONLY football where crowd segregation exists?
And its for one simple reason - footie fans have a reputation for reverting to fisty-cuffs.

If an away fan can sit in the home end and there is no violence, I see no issue (assuming he's not taking up a seat that a home fan could have wanted).

Back in the 70's at the Goldstone I was on a corporate ticket sat high up in the West v Pompy.
Bloke right at the back kept shouting out "Play up Pompy" - no one dared look or say anything.
Bet if he was in the North he'd have held his tongue.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Personally, I wouldn't take much notice. But do I want to mingle with other fans inside the ground during the game like rugby, no. The tribalism is what makes football atmospheres more intense. It's great as long as people know where to draw the line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports