Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would you consider an improvement next season?

Success?

• More than 69 points, closer in points to the champions - even if it meant we finished lower

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Play-off place - even if we scored fewer than 69 points

Votes: 64 77.1%
  • Not bothered

Votes: 9 10.8%

• Total voters

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What would you consider an improvement next season?
Some entertaining football at home, a few decent set pieces, no poxy diamond formations, the end of the embarrassing tactics whiteboard, players wanting to stay at the club when the Christmas transfer window opens... that'll be enough for me.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Which they knew he would not take, it all looks botched. He should have been sacked and Knight should have taken the short term flack.

I see there is still no news of a fans forum.

he was - but if no job had been offered then pound to a penny an albion fan (let's call him 'auntie cluck') would have been accusing knight of poorly treating a long serving albion servant so poorly and not trying to retain him and his skills in a non managerial role

as for fans forum - fair point. I've not heard if there is one. Fair play to you that i know you would turn up and ask questions.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
he was - but if no job had been offered then pound to a penny an albion fan (let's call him 'auntie cluck') would have been accusing knight of poorly treating a long serving albion servant so poorly and not trying to retain him and his skills in a non managerial role

as for fans forum - fair point. I've not heard if there is one. Fair play to you that i know you would turn up and ask questions.

Actually if they had sacked him along the lines of they did not see him as the man to take us forward, did not fit in with their vision etc, then I think that would have been easier to fathom. They would have got stick to start with, but it would have passed. I just do not like the situation that was created.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
O’Callaghan ever playing for this club again, managers call, not the chairman. Generally going at Hammond in the press after selling him.

hmmm think it was savage not ocallaghan re Knight saying not to play him (after the millwall game). Not a great time for manager, chairman or player that one.

as for hammond - i think there was one intreview that Knight did after the sale, with southern counties radio. Ironically up to that interview Knight was being berated by naylor in the argus based on comments by hammond and his agent. After that interview (which the argus didn't mention or refer to) the criticism re hammond stopped.
In media management that would be seen as a positive for most businesses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here