Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What would relegation mean for Tony Bloom?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Easier said than done though. Last January we tried to sign Dembele, then Mitrovic and finally panic bought Locadia. I think Locadia is an ok squad player at this level, but we paid about 12-13m over the odds.

Bit harsh. I’d have locadia down as a £3m player in this market

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we win, that would be a massive blow to Cardiff with their remaining fixtures. They’d need two wins.
They'd need 3 wins, and for us not to get another point. And they'd only have 4 games left, 2 of which are against Liverpool and Utd. EDIT - I see this had already been covered.

Lose tonight, and Cardiff are relegated.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’s easy to see a draw tonight, to drag out the angst and uncertainty.
No, no - a win please! I really really don't want to be in the position of thinking 'I'll settle for a draw now' half way through the second half!

A draw would leave Cardiff needing two wins - with winnable games coming up against Fulham and Palace-on-the-Beach (with a chance to send Albion down).

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
They'd need 3 wins, and for us not to get another point. And they'd only have 4 games left, 2 of which are against Liverpool and Utd.

Lose tonight, and Cardiff are relegated.

I do hope so, but I think they can beat Fulham & Palace and take it to the last game should we fail to pick up another point. If Man Utd are already secured top 4 or can't make top 4, they do have a history of flopping in the last game. I hope it won't come to that but I'd hate to be playing City and having to keep an eye on Cardiff as well.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I definitely recall Tony Bloom saying at one stage when we were in the Championship that if we got promoted it would be likely we'd be relegated at some (soonish) point afterwards. Not sure of the context of that particular comment - supporters forum or to the press - but I'm also fairly certain he understood the dangers of new clubs trying to compete at the top level.

I don't however believe he was envisaging the probability of being stuffed by another similar club 0-5 at home as part of that likelihood.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sure he wouldn't look forward to dropping into the Lose-Mega-Millions-Each-Year league.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do hope so, but I think they can beat Fulham & Palace and take it to the last game should we fail to pick up another point.
If they lose tonight, they'll also lose all hope. Fulham just beat Everton 2-0, so Cardiff wouldn't be favourites to win that game.
I hope it won't come to that but I'd hate to be playing City and having to keep an eye on Cardiff as well.
Same - but win tonight, and I don't think we'll have to.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No, no - a win please! I really really don't want to be in the position of thinking 'I'll settle for a draw now' half way through the second half!

A draw would leave Cardiff needing two wins - with winnable games coming up against Fulham and Palace-on-the-Beach (with a chance to send Albion down).

Yep, I'm praying and hoping for a win, I'll turn up optimistic. Within 15 minutes of play, I'll have a feel for which Albion have turned up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here