Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would be the consequences of RELEGATION ?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If a club takes it's eye off the playing field and expects the 'customers' to blindly buy stupid day-glo shirts and five pies each to make up the shortfall in some bean-counter's idea of 'operating costs' then they get all they deserve. And they can *u*k right off.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I don't think attendances would drop if we went down, mainly because I think all of us would fancy us to come straight back up automatically. People will pay to watch a winning team. I think it would have more impact if we have a relegation fight this year, narrowly avoid it but still look like we could struggle again next year. I think that scenario would have a bigger impact on attendances.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
If a club takes it's eye off the playing field and expects the 'customers' to blindly buy stupid day-glo shirts and five pies each to make up the shortfall in some bean-counter's idea of 'operating costs' then they get all they deserve. And they can *u*k right off.

I wonder if one of the consequences-of-relegation would be, that a couple of top managers may either have to take a serious pay cut or say goodbye

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Gave up on the so-called "5 year plan" long ago

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I don't think attendances would drop if we went down, mainly because I think all of us would fancy us to come straight back up automatically. People will pay to watch a winning team. I think it would have more impact if we have a relegation fight this year, narrowly avoid it but still look like we could struggle again next year. I think that scenario would have a bigger impact on attendances.

What at current ST prices, I think you may be deluded. One or two of the promotion battles (if we were in the mix) may get big gates but not Tuesday night at home to Yeovil.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
If the worst did happen and we find ourselves in League One playing in front of 15000 supporters then someone must be held accountable because that would be a cataclysmic demise considering where we've been over the last three years.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Alright fella calm down, it's a bit harsh saying I'm deluded. It's hardly an outrageous comment, thinking we'll still get good gates if we get relegated but are fighting for promotion. I certainly wasn't trying to say anything inflamatory.

You might find season tickets drop, but if we start putting a run together people buy them week to week.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If crowds were to drop to around 15k if we got relegated I can see one of the stands being closed to save money .... which one though ???

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What at current ST prices, I think you may be deluded. One or two of the promotion battles (if we were in the mix) may get big gates but not Tuesday night at home to Yeovil.

Friday night at home to Yeovil last season saw a crowd of 26,901...but I know what you mean :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Unlike former Withdean days, club would be SERIOUSLY hard pushed to whip up the marketing prospect of - whoppy-do's! - promotion to the Championship. Game OVER at that point.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It'd be bad news for us, but Vokins mattress department would pick up some new customers. Every cloud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here