Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What will YOUR Facebook username be?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Start picking from 5am Saturday here.

But choose carefully because, unlike NSC (and Twitter), you won't be able to change it once you've selected it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Surely if people want to find your profile, they just type your name into the search box??

Sounds like a rather pointless add-on to me.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
and the decline of facebook continues

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's so instead of 'your' Facebook URL being something like...

http:/ /www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=503648012

...it can be something like...

http:/ /www.facebook.com/jakerobinson

These 'vanity URLs' have only been available to celebs and friends of the company before. Like Jason Calacanis.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Well seeing as nobody else has my name it shouldn't be too difficult to just have that, although I don't actually want it. So I'll just probably keep trying more and more obscure combinations of rude and silly words until one that hasn't been taken crops up that I can keep and will promptly forget to ever use

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You don't have to, but you can. Reason detailed above - so people can give 'nice' URLs to people to find them by, ones that don't include long strings of numbers that mean little to anyone.

But once chosen, you can't change so go to that URL and try and grab something you want now, before someone else does.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Don't see why so many people are having a moan about it. Perhaps you've all got fairly unique names. Whilst mine isn't TOO bad, there's still a lot of Sam Hales out there, and telling someone just to search for Sam Hale would take them about 50 times longer than just going to my username.

Chill people.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Why would you want to give your url out anyway? Just say, my name is blah blah blah and my display piccy is xyz. waste of time, space and bandwidth.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
i cant figure out to change the damn thing, not that I care or anything just bored!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here